Samsung Galaxy S4 — Root ???? yes or not????

• Replies:3
Îgli Xhåfã
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 17, 2014, 8:06:00 PM via Website

Friend who can give me an opinion or do you root the phone?
And, if the make is there any possibility how can I turn back as it was?

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 18, 2014, 2:52:36 PM via Website

Getting (or not getting) root access depends on several factors:

• How important is your warranty to you (rooting voids your warranty)
  • Why do you want root in the first place? (if it's to delete bloatware, flash a custom ROM etc then it's your only choice)
  • Do you know what you're doing? (getting root and breaking something because it sounded like a cool idea is silly, so make sure you read up first)
  • Can you live with it if everything goes wrong and you brick your phone? (not very likely but still a possibility)

If you do root your S4 (Chainfire's CF-Autoroot method is probably best and easiest way), you can very easily unroot it if you ever need to, so it's not a one-way street. Although even if you unroot at a later stage but you've flashed a ROM you will have still tripped the Knox tamper flag and flash counter, so repairs etc under warranty won't be possible and it also may affect your ability to resell it (if the person knows what to look for, and cares about it).

CF-Autoroot for GT-I9500

CF-Autoroot for GT-I9505

Please note: I just added these two for some major S4 models, please confirm you have the right tool for your specific model number.

— modified on Jun 18, 2014, 3:06:34 PM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Îgli Xhåfã

Îgli Xhåfã
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 18, 2014, 5:40:41 PM via Website

thanx a lot for help ;)