Google Nexus 5 — Nexus 5 with MIUI user experience

• Replies:2
Nik Burin
  • Forum posts: 53

Jun 24, 2014, 11:16:02 AM via App

Hi,it's been a while since I've posted something here. So I've decided to flash latest version of MIUI which i got from official British fan site miuiandroid. So far,so good. Been using it for the past 3 days and haven't noticed any battery performance drop as was reported by some users,though system itself uses more RAM,but that doesn't reflect on device performance. One thing I've noticed so far,that tge inbuilt printing function is disabled for some reason. MIUI version is 6.04 based on android 4.4.2 version. The UI itself is really good looking and although i thought I'm going to miss the app drawer..i really don't. The in built security centre is a nice addition to this ROM as if you're using a third party antivirus software,you won't have download anything additional to what you have,as the stock system provided gets job well done. Stock messaging app is really nice and a new message notification pops on screen no matter where you are and what are you doing(watching videos,games etc) and you can reply to a sender straight from there without the need of opening the messaging app,works similar to hover chat,what i don't like is stock browser which is slower than chrome. And the major issue for me abd i think for every user is that the default apps are nearly irreplaceable, though you can set the default manually in settings,some links will still be opened by the stock counterpart. That's it for now,I'll keep posting updates as i go along with MIUI and hope this helps a bit if you're thing of flashing this ROM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 24, 2014, 11:48:53 AM via App

I've used miui ROMs on and off over the last few years, though not on my N5 yet. On the Xperia arc and One X they were notorious for ram usage and battery drain due to the resources required for theming and the custom ramdisk for the kernel, but they were things of beauty. I might try this as a secondary rom...

Sinkster

Nik Burin
  • Forum posts: 53

Jun 24, 2014, 1:45:35 PM via App

I've just noticed how many mistiped words there are in my first post,the spell check is not the best one and word suggestions are not as accurate as they were on a stock nexus 5,even though it's the same google keyboard. So i don't know if there is some interference or what. Though that's a minor issue