What is the future of smartwatches?

• Replies:16
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 25, 2014, 11:46:15 AM via Website

I'm yet to get on board with the idea of wearable technology. For me, they don't present enough of a difference to functionality I can get on my smartphone, the only difference is I can't wear my smartphone on my wrist. No big deal.

Do you think smartwatches will eventually become commonplace? It's going to be interesting hearing what new things Google has to say about them at the Google IO conference. I think until they have all the features of James Bond's gadget watches I'm not going to be tempted.

Does anybody own a smartwatch? Are you waiting for any one feature in particular before you invest in one?

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jun 25, 2014, 1:10:31 PM via Website

The Moto 360 is almost guaranteed an appearance at the Google /O and now we have a new Samsung Gear wearable powered by Android Wear which will be demoed at Google I/O on June 25th. In addition to this, the LG G Watch will also be present. The LG G Watch will be available on the July 7th in the USA and other countries will follow in July as well!

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 25, 2014, 2:24:07 PM via Website

Loie Favre

The Moto 360 is almost guaranteed an appearance at the Google /O and now we have a new Samsung Gear wearable powered by Android Wear which will be demoed at Google I/O on June 25th. In addition to this, the LG G Watch will also be present. The LG G Watch will be available on the July 7th in the USA and other countries will follow in July as well!

And do you think any of them will be worth checking out??

vitrig
  • Forum posts: 13

Jun 25, 2014, 2:44:47 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

I'm yet to get on board with the idea of wearable technology. For me, they don't present enough of a difference to functionality I can get on my smartphone, the only difference is I can't wear my smartphone on my wrist. No big deal.

Do you think smartwatches will eventually become commonplace? It's going to be interesting hearing what new things Google has to say about them at the Google IO conference. I think until they have all the features of James Bond's gadget watches I'm not going to be tempted.

Does anybody own a smartwatch? Are you waiting for any one feature in particular before you invest in one?

I'm planning to buy one and I could let you know about the experience

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jun 26, 2014, 12:08:09 PM via Website

@Scott: I definitely think that the Moto 360 is worth checking out, I just like the circular watch face as opposed to the square one and I'm intrigued at how it will be to work it, since we have been so set on square devices and smartwatches for a long time. We will get one here at AndroidPIT as soon as it is available.

Eugene Thomas
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 27, 2014, 6:59:01 PM via App

I have the galaxy gear 1 it's very practical for me as I can check emails and social media. It would a great purchase and I have no regrets.

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 28, 2014, 12:46:36 PM via Website

vitrig

Scott Adam Gordon

I'm planning to buy one and I could let you know about the experience

Yeah let us know what you think!

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 28, 2014, 12:55:23 PM via Website

Eugene Thomas

I have the galaxy gear 1 it's very practical for me as I can check emails and social media. It would a great purchase and I have no regrets.

Cool so do you think it's worth upgrading to one of the newer smartwatch models then? Like the LG G Watch?

Pat
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 29, 2014, 3:02:18 PM via Website

There is some technology that grabs me and I jump on right away. The smart watch is one that I'm interested in and I will probably get one in the future, but for me, it still needs to bake a while. Eventually one will come out with the combination of features that I will actually find useful, with styling that I like and at a price that I don't mind paying to get those things.

Sara Mahir
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 9, 2015, 4:43:19 PM via Website

I think smartwatches are going to be very popular in the future. I like smartwatches a lot and that's why I have bought Sykla smartwatch.

— modified on Jan 9, 2015, 5:25:38 PM

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Sep 23, 2015, 5:48:28 PM via Website

I think smart watch is going to take the place of analog watch. Day by day the popularity of smart watches are increasing. It is creating a craze among young generation. New new smart watches are coming in the market. A new smart watch is coming which is called " Modular Smart watch".

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Christopher
  • Forum posts: 22

Apr 5, 2016, 1:57:26 PM via Website

yes, smartwatches are the new revolution....
we will get more than smartphone in a tiny smartwatch.

Jianar Saro
  • Forum posts: 11

May 31, 2016, 9:00:10 AM via Website

I know the skylet smartwatch work well. It is good for your health and make your life better. You can have a full try.

miguel corrientes
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 16, 2017, 10:20:15 AM via Website

I am an MBA student researching wearable devices. Please help in my research by taking this online survey: http : // ppt.cc/Xy3TA. Thank you.

AmeliaSmith
  • Forum posts: 15

Jul 28, 2020, 12:20:18 PM via Website

I think smartwatch will be one and only thing that we wood have with us.

AmeliaNorth
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 7, 2020, 9:16:51 PM via Website

In my opinion the future will be associated with hologram.

CharlotteAbbe
  • Forum posts: 13

Sep 21, 2021, 2:21:52 PM via Website

Yes I have a smartwatch: GOQii Smart Vital

I believe that smartwatches do have a good or bad for us.
Excess use of smartwatches makes us unhealthy. Smartwatches use microwaves to send and receive signals.
But we can't ignore its benefits.
Like:
Whether you're on a long tour or need to make it to the office, your Smartwatch can support you all the way.
Read my emails.
Attend calls.
Navigate through Google Maps.
Change songs through Spotify / SoundCloud.
Add reminders and use Google Now in general.