What is the future of smartwatches?

• Replies:8
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 25, 2014 11:46:15 AM via Website

I'm yet to get on board with the idea of wearable technology. For me, they don't present enough of a difference to functionality I can get on my smartphone, the only difference is I can't wear my smartphone on my wrist. No big deal.

Do you think smartwatches will eventually become commonplace? It's going to be interesting hearing what new things Google has to say about them at the Google IO conference. I think until they have all the features of James Bond's gadget watches I'm not going to be tempted.

Does anybody own a smartwatch? Are you waiting for any one feature in particular before you invest in one?

Jun 25, 2014 1:10:31 PM via Website

The Moto 360 is almost guaranteed an appearance at the Google /O and now we have a new Samsung Gear wearable powered by Android Wear which will be demoed at Google I/O on June 25th. In addition to this, the LG G Watch will also be present. The LG G Watch will be available on the July 7th in the USA and other countries will follow in July as well!

Jun 25, 2014 2:24:07 PM via Website

Loie Favre

The Moto 360 is almost guaranteed an appearance at the Google /O and now we have a new Samsung Gear wearable powered by Android Wear which will be demoed at Google I/O on June 25th. In addition to this, the LG G Watch will also be present. The LG G Watch will be available on the July 7th in the USA and other countries will follow in July as well!

And do you think any of them will be worth checking out??

Jun 25, 2014 2:44:47 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

I'm yet to get on board with the idea of wearable technology. For me, they don't present enough of a difference to functionality I can get on my smartphone, the only difference is I can't wear my smartphone on my wrist. No big deal.

Do you think smartwatches will eventually become commonplace? It's going to be interesting hearing what new things Google has to say about them at the Google IO conference. I think until they have all the features of James Bond's gadget watches I'm not going to be tempted.

Does anybody own a smartwatch? Are you waiting for any one feature in particular before you invest in one?

I'm planning to buy one and I could let you know about the experience

Jun 26, 2014 12:08:09 PM via Website

@Scott: I definitely think that the Moto 360 is worth checking out, I just like the circular watch face as opposed to the square one and I'm intrigued at how it will be to work it, since we have been so set on square devices and smartwatches for a long time. We will get one here at AndroidPIT as soon as it is available.

Jun 28, 2014 12:46:36 PM via Website

vitrig

Scott Adam Gordon

I'm planning to buy one and I could let you know about the experience

Yeah let us know what you think!

Jun 28, 2014 12:55:23 PM via Website

Eugene Thomas

I have the galaxy gear 1 it's very practical for me as I can check emails and social media. It would a great purchase and I have no regrets.

Cool so do you think it's worth upgrading to one of the newer smartwatch models then? Like the LG G Watch?

Jun 29, 2014 3:02:18 PM via Website

There is some technology that grabs me and I jump on right away. The smart watch is one that I'm interested in and I will probably get one in the future, but for me, it still needs to bake a while. Eventually one will come out with the combination of features that I will actually find useful, with styling that I like and at a price that I don't mind paying to get those things.