Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 — Unable to play video files

• Replies:5
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 26, 2014 8:37:33 PM via Website

I have tried all sorts of converters. Whenever I move the converted file to my Tab, I get the "can't play video file", what on earth am I doing wrong? I have tried Xvid, mp4, avi, they all come up with the same error.

Jun 27, 2014 6:41:13 AM via Website

Well, first of all can you tell us type of the video file you are trying convert over your tab??? I am sure tab is good enough to play almost all the format of the video file, like @mobilecracker said you can use MX Player to play most of the file type. But yes on MX player I have seen a bug i.e sometimes it's unable to playback the voice of .mp4 file it can play the video but you are not going to hear any ...... I would say try using VLC player, it's good enough to play all the media format available. :)

John,
Rapidsoft Technologies
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Jul 6, 2014 5:01:51 PM via Website

I have tried multiple video players including MX, VLC, KM still unable to play films, the film was an mp4, 1280x544, wont play as is or when converted to samsung compatible format, losing my mind with this, copied to ext SD, and internal SD on tab 2? I'm running cyanogenmod 11, would this cause any problems?

— modified on Jul 6, 2014 5:03:35 PM

Jul 7, 2014 5:49:37 AM via Website

Well, Allan I don't think running Cyanogenmod would be a problem :? Try copying the mp4 file over to your PC/Laptop and then try opening it, this would help you in understanding whether the problem is with the mp4 file or ..??? If the file doesn't work in the PC/Laptop then I am sure the file may be damaged while conversion ... Try checking, it in the mean time and let us see if some of our community members came up with something new. :)

John,
Rapidsoft Technologies
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Deactivated Account

Jul 7, 2014 7:34:15 AM via Website

Fore know the more about the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" click this link-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_2_10.1
For download the "MX PLAYER" click this link-
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=en