Samsung Galaxy S5 — How to disable My Magazine from Galaxy S5

• Replies:3
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 3, 2014, 5:48:59 PM via Website

Hey all Samsung Galaxy S5 owners,

If you are getting tired of My Magazine on the Galaxy S5, a new feature that comes with TouchWiz UX, this can easily be done. The only thing is you can't actually uninstall it because it is a built-in feature. You would need root access to be able to uninstall it completely.

• To disable it, long press on the home screen panel.
  • Select Home screen settings
  • Uncheck the box for My Magazine.

To find out more about disabling built-in features which will in the end save battery, take a look at our Galaxy S5 tutorial.

— modified on Jul 3, 2014, 5:49:44 PM

Dastardly F.Carl MarshLalit

Frank
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 16, 2014, 9:46:03 AM via Website

Hi,

One of my friend suggested to use Magzter Android application, where almost 4000 digital magazines are been given for free at no cost.

I think there is some serious bug in their application, because the same application which is available on iOS asks us to purchase the magazine but in Android it is free.

Before anyone identifies this issue, download the magazines and enjoy reading.

I am now enjoying accessing those magazines and thanks to my friend justin for letting me know about this.

I also want you people to enjoy this application before the bug is identified by it's developers

Mona H.
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 12, 2015, 1:47:34 PM via Website

Aha, this is awesome; My Magazine is such an annoying feature, especially when you accidentally swipe and it pops up. Unchecked! Thanks :)

PamelaMichel
  • Forum posts: 20

May 11, 2015, 7:14:49 AM via App

Thanks so very much. I just did a FR on my S5 dye to Lollipop issues. and I had forgotten how to make that annoying thing go away! 👍✌