Huawei Ascend P6 — Problem with Ascend P6 after 4.4.2 update. Help!

• Replies:3
Faraaz
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 6, 2014, 10:30:28 AM via Website

Hi guys,

I updated my huawei ascend p6-T00 three days ago. The new update is T00V100R001C01B507SP01 EmotionUI 2.0. The previous version was B120SP01 EMUI 1.6. The update went well and the phone is working great. However, there is one problem bugging me all time. The system update is popping up all the time asking for update, even though the phone is already updated. I cannot stop it. For you information, updating via the online option was not working. Therefore, I had to download the new update on my laptop, transferred it to a usb and then updated my phone via the usb storage option. It updated successfully.

Is there any way to stop system update from constantly nagging me? It pops up over any app I am using.

Please help. Your support and advice would be much appreciated.

PS: I tried to re-update twice via different methods (first via local media-sd card and second via usb storage) to see if it goes away, but the update fails. I think that is because the phone is already updated.

Thanks and regards
Faraaz

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 7, 2014, 12:35:32 PM via Website

Hi Faraaz, I haven't used the P6, so you'll have to forgive me if this doesn't work, but you can try this:

Turn off your phone.

– Hold down Vol+ and Vol-
– Press Power button and hold.
– When the menu appears, use the Volume keys to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition -> Wipe cache and then press the Power button.

Restart your device.

Let me know how this goes :)

Faraaz

Jul 11, 2014, 1:47:09 PM via Website

Hi Scott,
Sorry for my late reply. I will do it tonight and let you know of the result.

Thanks.
Faraaz

Faraaz

Jul 11, 2014, 4:38:10 PM via Website

Hi again,
Well i tried what you suggested Scott. But it didnt work :(. Thanks anyway.

Faraaz