Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — HOW TO RETRIEVE PICS, CONTACTS, AND OTHER INFO FROM A RESET

• Replies:4
GWEN WELCH
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 8, 2014, 8:37:05 PM via Website

Hi,

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone and it reset my phone to the original settings! Help! I need my pictures, contacts, videos, etc. that were on my phone. Is there any way to retrieve all my stuff???

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 9, 2014, 9:50:18 AM via Website

GWEN WELCH

Hi,

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone and it reset my phone to the original settings! Help! I need my pictures, contacts, videos, etc. that were on my phone. Is there any way to retrieve all my stuff???

Have you ever created a backup of your files before?

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 9, 2014, 7:06:16 PM via Website

Hey Gwen,

Like Scott says, did you create a backup? When you first set up your phone, you probably entered a Google Account. Lots of data will be saved in connection with this account. When your did a factory reset, did you ensure that the box was ticked in the settings for ''back up my data'' as well as ''automatic restore''? If the latter is ticked, it will automatcially restore your settings and data.

So, ensure that you have added that exact Google account again to your device, which you can do also in the settings, under accounts. Tap on Google, and add account. Next make sure all is set to sync and you will see that some data is coming back.

Some apps may not reinstall, but if you go into the Play Store, you will see under My Apps all the previously installed apps.

If you still stuck, we've written a very helpful tutorial on how to recover lost data from your Android device.

Olivia331
  • Forum posts: 90

Feb 25, 2019, 3:28:41 AM via Website

On Samsung phones, there is a Samsung account backup feature which allows users to sync their data directly.If you have made a backup with this account before, it would be very easy for you to get back the data after factory reset cause you can simple restore them from the backup.
If this way fails,you should turn to Android data recovery program for help.

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Apr 2, 2019, 10:01:53 AM via Website

If you use Google Account, and have sync your device with Google Account,no worry, you can recover deleted data from Google Account. If not, you can use Samsung Data Recovery, it will scan your device deeply, and you can select the type of recovery, just in steps, you can get back Samsung deleted data.