Samsung Galaxy S5 Randomly Rebooting

• Replies:4
Pete C.
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 21, 2014, 4:53:22 AM via Website

Howdy, my Galaxy S5 has developed an annoying problem where it randomly reboots. This is second S5 I have owned with this problem (first one fell of the side of the boat lol). Does anyone know if this is a problem with this model? And is there anything that can be done to fix it? Cheers

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 22, 2014, 5:16:15 PM via Website

Hey Pete,

First things first, is it running the latest Android version? If not, upgrade it to the latest version.

Next, are all of the apps up to date? Update all of your apps.

Third, remove the SD Card if you have one inserted, to see if that was causing any conflicts.

Try these things first, then get back to me :)

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 23, 2014, 7:23:31 AM via Website

Hmm... random reboots (thinking) there are actually a number of reasons behind the random reboots.

1. Try turning the Auto Sync off for all the accounts.
  2. Now uninstall all the updates of the accounts i.e. Gmail, Samsung Account, Google Play Store, Google+ , Samsung Push Service (It can be done by Navigate> Settings> Application Manager> Select the Application> Say Gmail (Uninstall its updates) and same can be done for the apps mentioned)

Once, you uninstall the updates restart your device and then see if the random reboots again haunt you or not :? Till then I will dig more onto it ! And see if I can find something which can help you out ! :)

Shamarie Williams
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 7, 2015, 9:06:28 PM via Website

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!
I've sent my phone back to the carrier and they've sent another one and I was having the same problems. I reprogrammed it so many times and wiped away all my stuff. At first when I got the new phone I wasn't having problems then a couple hours later it started up again. Recently I realized that at first its because I didn't insert my memory/SD card in when I just got it and then I did after. Try that because it worked for me. I took my battery out and my SD card and didnt put the SD card back in and my phone has been giving no problems ever since. TRY IT

Junaid Q.
  • Forum posts: 76

Feb 8, 2015, 7:16:19 AM via App

same thing happened to me in my galaxy S4 with android 4.4.2 it randomly reboots after few mins, most of time when screen get on to locking device I tried hard reset few times and also flashed different countries official Frimware for my device but nothing happened. It started after I rooted my mobile and start tweaking tuchwiz and random reboot didn't gone after unrooting and flashing different frimware then I research on it and I found an exposed framework which helped me it fixed that random reboots, that app is " SAMSUNG KITKAT SYSTEMSERVER CRASH FIX "
But for that u should have kitkat Build and rooted device Try it 👍