Good remote control app for controlling HTPC and VLC

• Replies:2
Alex Jones
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 22, 2014, 4:32:29 AM via Website

Hi guys, I have just setup a new HTPC and would like to control it from my Google Nexus 10. I have tried a few remote apps (unified remote, win remote, remote collection) but found them to be unreliable and limited. I used to own netremote for girder which worked really well and was highly customizable for HTPC solutions. Unfortunately this is not available for Android. Any suggestions? I am after reliability, configurability and VLC remote integration. And if the server side of it works with a USB-UIRT device or similar that would be ideal. Thank you in advance.

Pete C.

Jul 22, 2014, 4:41:30 AM via Website

Hey, I am using Vectir Remote Control.

It is the most reliable remote control app I have found for Android. And like you I once upon a time used netremote with girder. Vectir remote control is the closest replacement I could find for Android. It works well as a VLC remote and the server is compatible with USB-UIRT devices. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Alex Jones

Alex Jones

Jul 22, 2014, 4:50:20 AM via Website

Pete C.

Hey, I am using Vectir Remote Control.

It is the most reliable remote control app I have found for Android. And like you I once upon a time used netremote with girder. Vectir remote control is the closest replacement I could find for Android. It works well as a VLC remote and the server is compatible with USB-UIRT devices. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks for the quick reply! Vectir Remote Control looks to be perfect and I see the server supports the USBUIRT which is just what I need. This app did not show up when I searched for HTPC remote or PC remote.