Sony Xperia Z2 — bluetooth headset and phone as lapel mic

• Replies:3
Jef Bauson
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 2:00:58 PM via Website

Hi,

I tried to browse the forums regarding the subject but I could not find any relative answer to I'd like to post this concern here.

I have an android phone (Sony Xperia Z2) and I was thinking of using it as wireless mic transmitter along with a bluetooth headset (like those one-ear types from Jabra).

So the idea is that the Bluetooth headset transmits the speaker's voice to the phone via bluetooth (of course) and then the 3.5mm jack will be connected to the input of the sound system (amplifier). The speaker wearing the bluetooth headset will not be more than 10 meters away from the phone (or amplifier). I just want to get rid of the speaker hold a mic without spending on wireless lapels and the like.

So my questions would be:
1. Is that idea even possible?
2. if yes, is there any app already in the market specific for this application?
3. can you recommend a headset that is of good quality? at least something that would not make the speaker's voice sound like a radio.

I appreciate your help.

bosjef

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 31, 2014, 9:15:14 AM via Website

Well, this sure sounds sci-fi idea ! haven't tried such extreme level of experimentation. So, I can't give you the appropriate answer on this rather than I would say try doing it yourself or wait for some other community members to came out with something they can guide upon !

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Aug 5, 2014, 10:30:17 AM via Website

Hey,

This is an interesting idea, and in principle I can't see why it wouldn't work. However, I don't know anything about bluetooth technology, so I can't offer any advice there.

Firstly, why don't you try simply calling your phone from another phone, while it is connected to the amplifier? Like you said, use the 3.5mm jack output of your smartphone to connect to a speaker and see if that works.

If it does, and the sound quality is okay, then I'd consider trying the bluetooth setup :)

Chooks
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 5, 2014, 1:59:23 PM via App

Hi Jet, sorry i came in late to this thread..but isn't headphone jacks supposed to go to output jacks? there are bluetooth speakers though. .