Samsung Galaxy S3 - 4.4.2 problems, some I haven't seen reported

• Replies:1
Jon Klimek
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 5, 2014, 10:53:02 PM via Website

To preface this discussion, I did not even want this phone, I was trying to get a replacement of my Droid RAZR Maxx back in February when my phone was severly lagging and they approved my claim then told me I could get the S3 or a lesser phone, as they stopped manufacturing Razr MAXX's which was probably a lie.

I have Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.

Major issues:
Battery Life - Everything is off, clear the memory often and restart the phone every other day. Always close all apps when not in use. I just about use Spotify & bluetooth all day at work, prior to update in June, it would last about 6.5-7 hours with both running all day continuously. Now, all other factors consistent, with the update, it will last me about 2.5-3 hours. So I get about half the battery life. (I see Google Services consumes most of my battery life)

General Location - Previously, using apps like Maps and Instant radar, I did not need "Location or GPS" on to estimate my location I was happy when it was within a mile of my true location, because I could get a general idea for what I was looking for (i.e. Radar, traffic, etc.). And now you must turn this on otherwise it defaults to Chicago for some reason. There is no default option in many of these apps for location, other than weather of course.

GPS Location - For directions and other apps where I need to pinpoint my location, I've tried to use "High accuracy" and "GPS only," and this is the most frusterating thing, I cannot get directions in a city, or wherever, cause it puts me a mile or so away from my real location, and that is trying both methods as I stated. It just doesn't make sense to me. I've noticed It is a little more accurate when I have maps open then click "Location," But still always a couple streets off. Finding location is generally in the notification bar forever, it doesnt stop "Finding Location."

Pros: I do like the album art from spotify when my phone is locked, I have seen a good share of tatas from album covers, etc... Great surprise.

Thank you for any solution(s) you may be able to provide me. Do you think Samsung has any recommendations?

Danish Ali
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 8, 2014, 3:16:38 PM via Website

Hi, can you please upload the 4.4 update? via zip or something? I am unable to update my phone via OTA.