Is anybody REALLY interested in smartwatches?

• Replies:19
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Aug 21, 2014, 9:24:40 AM via Website

For me, smartwatches are yet to really grab my interest. They seem unnecessary. Things like the newly revealed Omate X may look cool, but I'm not sure I will be likely to purchase a smartwatch until I think they do something really interesting. The Moto 360, while it looks nice, still seems to lack something. I don't know, what are your thoughts on smartwatches?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 21, 2014, 12:42:50 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

For me, smartwatches are yet to really grab my interest. They seem unnecessary. Things like the [newly revealed Omate X][1] may look cool, but I'm not sure I will be likely to purchase a smartwatch until I think they do something really interesting. The [Moto 360][2], while it looks nice, still seems to lack something. I don't know, what are your thoughts on smartwatches?

[1]: https://www.nextpit.com/omate-x-smartwatch-is-the-moto-360-killer
[2]: https://www.nextpit.com/motorola-moto-360-release-date-news-specs-features

i don't need a smart watch
wait for next 1-2 year, there will be hands free phones.

Ready To Help You.

Scott Adam Gordon

Aug 21, 2014, 12:51:47 PM via Website

You see this is what I mean, they seem kind of pointless

Geolinlee
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 21, 2014, 12:57:05 PM via Website

I think Smart Android Phone watch is very cool as well. I think it is very novel and convenient when I first heard of it. So immediately I got one for myself. It keeps me always hands-off. I like it. I got on from kingsbuying.com. If you are interested in, you can search it and give it a look at.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 21, 2014, 1:03:44 PM via Website

I wasn't really interested previously, but then I used a few and kind of liked certain aspects of them - but not all.

I think the smartwatches that have the functionality and also look good will do a lot better than the ugly functional ones. But we'll have to wait another couple of weeks to see...

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 22, 2014, 8:39:09 AM via Website

i really like smart watch, specially moto 360. i really want to use that technology waiting for it may be in 1 or two years. :D

Saem Sarguroh
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 22, 2014, 5:40:05 PM via App

I dont know why but I feel stupid talking to my phone and I dont want it to happen with the watch too so I am not interested. If at all I buy a smartwatch, it will be Moto 360 v2 or later (next year maybe). I dont know what smartwatches are missing but they definitely are missing something.

timmy2702
  • Forum posts: 18

Aug 23, 2014, 5:55:38 AM via Website

So many techonologies these days, but I think a smartphone is enough!! I still like to stick with classical watch comparing to smart watch simply because I think it looks way better!

John
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 23, 2014, 6:17:17 AM via Website

Yes, I am intrested for smartwatches will surely get Moto 360.

alines coo
  • Forum posts: 7

Aug 24, 2014, 6:58:08 PM via Website

I find the current android wear sdk to be pretty limited, so maybe as somebody else said, in the future in 1-2 years maybe we'll have more capable smartwatches.

GT Ohh
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 27, 2014, 4:44:16 PM via Website

Hi Scott,

I collect watches and I love tech but as far as I'm concerned smartwatches are a complete waste of money.

Honestly what can a smartwatch do that any half decent smartphone can't run circles around?

Scott Adam Gordon

Aug 27, 2014, 5:03:11 PM via Website

GT Ohh

Hi Scott,

I collect watches and I love tech but as far as I'm concerned smartwatches are a complete waste of money.

Honestly what can a smartwatch do that any half decent smartphone can't run circles around?

I'm completely with you. It is tech for the sake of tech, and this is something that really annoys me. Instead of focusing on stereoscopic 3D smartphones with curved displays which fire lasers, just make a smartphone that works well at a fair price. This is far more interesting to me, and it's why I'm such a strong supporter of Motorola smartphones.

I see it as the same with smartwatches, it's tech fetishism, and currently smartwatches are doing nothing for me.

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Aug 11, 2015, 3:54:35 PM via Website

Earlier I was not so interested to smart watch. I also thought that smart watch is unnecessary and useless. But recently I heard about Block Modular smart watch. It seems to me really innovative. Best part is as a user I would be able to create my own features.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Paulie Pham
  • Forum posts: 97

Aug 20, 2015, 6:49:26 AM via Website

I doubt people will need it in casual life because a smartphone in the pocket can handle anything. However, Smartwatch will mainly work with people who wants special track of their health, diet, training regime, etc.

Aabharan
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 20, 2015, 8:24:00 AM via Website

At the moment, buyers are most interested in the Samsung Gear (though the survey did not specify which Gear smartwatch), followed by the Apple Watch. UBS, however, believes this will change in Apple's favor once the Apple Watch is actually released in early 2015.

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Aug 22, 2015, 7:38:29 AM via Website

Iago

I think a smartwatch is like first cells, you don't need it until you have one. Then you can't live without it.

I agree with you. You won't feel the necessity of smart watch until you use it. Same thing happens with me. I was not so interested to smart watch but now I cant live without it. I am always looking for the latest features on my smart watch. That's why I am thinking about having a Modular smart watch.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Khaossa

Shakeel
  • Forum posts: 14

May 21, 2019, 12:44:16 PM via Website

Exactly that's what happened with me too.

Ronald_Stewart
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 13, 2019, 9:19:56 PM via Website

Honestly, I don’t see much sense in this, even when it comes to sports. Maybe for calls of course, but I would not give up the function of the Bluetooth player

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Aug 10, 2019, 2:55:54 AM via Website

Absolutely pointless and that is why they have failed.