Samsung Galaxy S4 — Hard Reset won't load.

• Replies:4
William Gossett
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 31, 2014, 12:21:59 AM via Website

After several days of my Samsung S4 (sprint) shutting its self off...and me holding the power button down for it to come back on it has finally died. I took it to the sprint store and they tried and failed to do a hard reset... The hard rest menu just would not load...all that comes up is the Samsung s4 splash screen then it goes blank.

Any Ideads?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 31, 2014, 5:54:31 AM via Website

William Gossett

After several days of my Samsung S4 (sprint) shutting its self off...and me holding the power button down for it to come back on it has finally died. I took it to the sprint store and they tried and failed to do a hard reset... The hard rest menu just would not load...all that comes up is the Samsung s4 splash screen then it goes blank.

Any Ideads?

.this looks like a bug. Is the download mode working. Then re-flash the current firmware with odin

Ready To Help You.

William Gossett
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 31, 2014, 6:19:48 AM via Website

I can't access the recover menu... Going through the hard reset... it flashes the S4 splash screen up and then is gone again. Every 2 or 3 attempts it will display in the tiny blue txt loading recover menu....but even that's gone as soon as the splash screen is gone.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 31, 2014, 6:56:25 AM via Website

William Gossett

I can't access the recover menu... Going through the hard reset... it flashes the S4 splash screen up and then is gone again. Every 2 or 3 attempts it will display in the tiny blue txt loading recover menu....but even that's gone as soon as the splash screen is gone.

No need to enter recovery mode
turn off your device
Press and hold Vol down +Power button + home key to enter download mode
now reflash the firmware using odin(pc software)

or
Try emergency firmware recovery using KIEs

— modified on Aug 31, 2014, 6:57:01 AM

Ready To Help You.

Marce Ur
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 24, 2015, 9:29:29 AM via Website

Helo, I have the same problem with my S4 from TMobile. Did you ever get get your going?
Thx