5 things a smartwatch needs to make me buy it

• Replies:8
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 8, 2014, 1:02:21 PM via Website

It's very simply really:

1. Battery life that lasts for more than a day of heavy usage. Preferably more than two days.

2. Qi wireless charging with a smooth back plate and two Qi chargers in the box (work and home).

3. Standalone capability. Why answer or make a call with my watch if I still need my phone?

4. Round face, bezelless design, switchable bands, metal build (Moto 360+1?).

5. Complete control over screen brightness, timeout, ambient mode etc.

Let me know what you need to have before you buy a smartwatch.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Christopher

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Sep 6, 2015, 8:45:38 AM via Website

You mention about the most important topic. I totally agree with you. I think Modular smart watch would be the best option for you. It is available in round and square face. You can also add extra block on boost your battery life.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Junaid Q.
  • Forum posts: 76

Sep 6, 2015, 6:11:40 PM via App

After Smart phones, Smart watches are also a becoming necessary thing in daily life
Soon we have to ammend the basic necessary requirement of humans from food, cloth and shelter to
food, cloth, shelter,Smart phone, Smart watch and internet lol :D

For me smart watch should have more sensors, camera, good batery life, water proof and can even have solar panel in it, it would be great to get it charged a littel bit if u need it through sun

— modified on Sep 6, 2015, 6:20:21 PM

Shakeel

Khaossa
  • Forum posts: 1,344

Sep 13, 2015, 9:16:38 PM via Website

Kris Carlon

It's very simply really:

1. Battery life that lasts for more than a day of heavy usage. Preferably more than two days. LG Watch R & Urban has 2 days easily

2. Qi wireless charging with a smooth back plate and two Qi chargers in the box (work and home). *With 2 or more days battery why did you need 2nd charger for work? *

3. Standalone capability. Why answer or make a call with my watch if I still need my phone? With a bluetooth hands-free maybe, but without... Where is my privacy? But you can make it with LG Watch Urban LTE

4. Round face, bezelless design, switchable bands, metal build (Moto 360+1?). LG ones again

5. Complete control over screen brightness, timeout, ambient mode etc.I'll thank's here more privacy card preview

Let me know what you need to have before you buy a smartwatch.

Responding in your text...

But looking date of post...

Did you use any smartwatch?
=======================

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Oct 30, 2015, 10:10:08 AM via Website

I think Modular smart watch fulfill all of your requirements.
Now it is at crowdfunding stage on Kickstarter. It comes with around face and you have full control over all the features.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Christopher

Shakeel
  • Forum posts: 14

May 21, 2019, 12:42:48 PM via Website

agreed with you, even your comment was 04 years old but still holds the reality.

Aakash11
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 17, 2020, 9:39:12 PM via Website

On my friends having the smartwatch I watched it liked it bought it, never thought about these points lol

AmeliaNorth
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 10, 2020, 3:03:46 PM via Website

I agree, I think so too!

Jacqualine Lindsey
  • Forum posts: 26

Feb 7, 2022, 11:44:00 AM via Website

Even I am looking for a good Smartwatch but what I am feeling is every time when I search about good smartwatches every time it is upgraded with some new features so its very difficult to be up to date with the technology. One more feature I would like to have in smart watches it whenever it get lost it should have some tracking app so that we can find it easily.