Samsung Galaxy Tab — SD card problems

• Replies:5
Zla Bij
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 12, 2014, 3:24:39 AM via Website

I search many forums and have common problems, but there is not answers. People address issues what is obviously Samsung's hardware or OS and no one from Samsung to answer.
The problem is SD card handling. When I restart tablet it does not recognize SD or said damaged or should be reformat (format). I have to remove an insert card and it does not working. A few time reinsert and remove lead success. Nothing missing in card and it works fine. When I try to open some PDF or some pictures it said it is not PDF or picture missing. Files are corrupted. Again removing an reinsert card (again a few time) lead to success and to see files can be opened.
So where is Samsung to answer? Does anybody have an idea what is problem?

SD card is fine, I can read all on my pc.
Thanks in advance if anybody respond.

AndroidMatt
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 12, 2014, 1:19:42 AM via Website

Are you sure your SD card is working perfectly fine on other gadgets? Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on before you insert the card? You can also check to see if you have a PDF reader already downloaded to your tab?

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Dec 14, 2014, 4:27:15 AM via Website

I think there is a problem with your SD card. You should try your SD card on other devices. It will give you a clear idea, is it ok or not?

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Hernan Perez Masci

Jan 27, 2016, 12:30:12 PM via Website

Hi,

I have the same problem. In fact, I've got two cards (the same model), one for the tablet and one for my phone. I swap the cards and the problem remains in the tablet but both work ok in the phone, so I guess it's the proof the problem is the tablet. Pitfully, there is no alternative ROM for this model (sm-t230), I looked everywhere to put lollipop but it seems that nobody built it.

Chris Carlson

Feb 26, 2017, 8:36:17 PM via Website

No it is not an SD card problem. It is irritating when people tell so many others it's not a device issue when it clearly is. The same issue I have with my Galaxy Tab 4 I had with my old Galaxy S4 phone. The device has some defective software or hardware that at some point decides to boot the SD card and say it's corrupted or just not read the card. It is absolutely a device issue unfortunately and Samsung does not care enough about their customers to offer a fix.

Tiger Green
  • Forum posts: 12

May 18, 2018, 5:27:02 AM via Website

I have seen the same post on reddit. If your samsung sd card not working, to get the data back it more important. Once without backup, you should find the recovery tool to find the data back and then format the card.