How to get ''Most Recent'' Feed to default on Facebook app for Android

• Replies:8
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Sep 12, 2014, 11:51:56 AM via Website

What do you think of the most recent Facebook app for Android update? Many people are complaining!

With Facebook's most recent update, you don't necessarily get the most recent news in your news feed, but rather sporadic ones from various people you are following. Changing this is a bit of a pain, there is no ''top stories'' vs ''recent news'' toggle anymore.

Here is how to change to most recent feed on Facebook app for Android:

• To be able to change this, you just need to slide to the tab on the right side.
  • Scroll down and select ''Edit favorites'' Scroll down to
    ''Feeds'' (which is quite a ways down) and choose ''Most Recent'', highlighting the star next to it.
  • From now on, the news you see which be most recent.

Let me know if this helped!

Here are some more Facebook tips:
5 useful tips for Facebook on Android
Facebook Messenger tips and tricks
How to use Facebook Cover Feed lockscreen for Android without Home Launcher

David Kelly-Durrant

Sue Z-q
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 13, 2016, 4:52:02 PM via Website

What tab am i sliding to on the right????

Aouachria Nassim

Nov 9, 2016, 9:39:18 AM via Website

no meaning !!!!!!!

yasira

Sep 8, 2017, 8:47:29 AM via Website

Hi,

Sir, I have a problem with Facebook, I am not able to change the language from Spanish to English, I have browsed and got but I was not able to figured it out . Please help me !

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Sep 8, 2017, 9:03:10 AM via Website

Hi Yasira,

You can change the language through settings to do that open Facebook App, tap the 3 line appearing on top right side, and scroll down to language, and select the language you want to keep.

Thanks,

Rick Burchfield

Oct 23, 2017, 4:26:13 PM via Website

Hi, I tried the remedy suggested to see my most recent in the time line however when I scroll to Most Recent it is greyed out and there isnt a star to highlight. I can only open this to see the most recent. Additionally, my issue is that my news feed doesnt update and even with a refresh it may change to a more recent but still the previous days content.

JC Ciesielski

JC Ciesielski

Nov 25, 2017, 3:48:50 PM via Website

I'm with you Rich. I can scroll down to "feed" and choose "most recent," it will change it that one time, but will revert back to "top stories" the next time I open the app" I also don't have a Star icon to highlight. I'm on an Android.

A. S.

Mar 24, 2018, 8:42:46 PM via Website

It is most certainly NOT "from now on"

David Vitta
  • Forum posts: 16

Jul 16, 2018, 10:02:11 PM via Website

it gives the most recent feeds anyway