Beginning in Android Programming

• Replies:25
Jerrald Bautista
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 14, 2014, 12:14:11 PM via Website

Hello Guys, I'm a newbie here. I'm taking Information Technology major in Programming, I'm from Philippines. I join this site to improve or to develop my knowledge about Android Programming, even though I'm taking Programming it doesnt mean that I'm a good programmer. I want to develop my own skills and knowledge about Android, I really want to learn guys. So please, can someone guide me to my journey in Android Programming. I wish that there are some willing to contribute their knowledge and help to me. Thanks in advance :) Have a good day.

Ahmed ClimiAppiGuru

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Sep 16, 2014, 11:46:24 AM via Website

According to me first of all you have to learn about the programming, you have to learn languages C++, java after this you have to put your focus on android technology and learn eclipse.

Edwin Bos
  • Forum posts: 23

Sep 16, 2014, 10:42:43 PM via Website

Check out developer android com / training, it has a great tutorial to get you started. Also stackoverflow is a great site for most of your programming questions (use search, don't start by asking!).

Good luck, have fun!

freegamer05
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 17, 2014, 4:39:52 AM via Website

If you want to learn how to program applications I would highly suggest starting with Eclipse and learning Java like others have said. However, if you wish to learn about building games a great place to get started is Unity. This game engine is free and has a ton of tutorials and support to get you started in no time. You can start with C# or Javascript, although I would recommend starting off with C#. Have fun!!

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Sep 17, 2014, 8:15:38 AM via Website

Hey Jerrald Bautista, that's great :) You do want to contribute your ideas over the Google Store, anyway to start with Android app developer you first need to learn about java because in Android application is written in Java. So, if you have a little knowledge about java that would be a plus and you are good to go and at this early stage. I think I may have the right place to give you are head start with we have started a new developer series on AndroidPIT a while ago so why don't you have a look at it How to create an Android app, part 1 of 3 It will help you in getting an idea. :)

SorinAppiGuru

Edwin Bos
  • Forum posts: 23

Sep 17, 2014, 8:27:38 AM via Website

For learning Java I found the head-first Java book to be a really good and entertaining read (can still recommend it). However, for Android apps there are a lot of additional features that are not part of Java (and hence are not covered in this book).

ll gms

Nov 12, 2014, 9:14:22 PM via Website

It s always a good practice to learn most up to date trending practices, you could follow the video tutorials below to learn Android 5 Lollipop development

— modified on Nov 13, 2014, 6:14:29 AM by moderator

Kevin Berendsen
  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 12, 2014, 9:55:05 PM via App

Make sure you use support libraries for previous APIs as well. Not everyone has a device with android L. Support library v7 contains only a few features such as card views and other great common views. Take a look at developer.android.com for backwards compability in the training section. (User Interface).

AppiGuru

David Smith
  • Forum posts: 32

Feb 16, 2016, 10:05:16 AM via Website

I would suggest you to start with C++, then go for Java, JavaScript & learn Eclipse. It is always a best practice to learn up to date android technology trends, It will help you a lot.

AppiGuru

hama hama
  • Forum posts: 102

Sep 10, 2016, 2:51:55 PM via Website

Hi
Try to learn java at the first place and try to understand the coding methods after that u have to learn the basic of this language then found an opensource code and read it .. read it again and again until u understand the different functions until u keep it. More over , try to write codes... write and write codes . Watch toturials for java , learn how to use eclipse and netbeans even lean unity all of them are free and they provide a tutoriel about this issue . Now you learned the basics and for exampl you learned eclipse so at this point try ur first simple programs then surf more and more.... try then to code an strong app .... do not regrate to ask for help or to post ur issue into blogs forums facebook ... the important thing that u have to focus on one language and when u done try to learn another language like js or c# ... and do no stop watch tutorials .... hope that will help u and good luck friend

AppiGuru

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 12, 2016, 12:13:56 PM via Website

As most of the top mobile app developers have their basic skills in Java, C++, Javascript. I would recommend you to begin with C++, then go for Java, JavaScript and learn Eclipse. It is dependably a best practice to learn breakthrough android innovation patterns, It will help you a considerable measure.
This solution will be helpful to you.

AppiGuru

The LJ Tutorials

Nov 3, 2016, 12:21:05 AM via Website

Good day guys,

For any assistance regarding programming with Android / Java.
We will help you with what you need, please support our upcoming channel so that we can help more users start coding

Check out my channel for the Tutorial videos.
m.youtube.com/channel/UCX9kUAaYYm6x7uojvxXx7UA

Please watch, subscribe, like and comment any requests.

Hardik Jani
  • Forum posts: 14

Nov 5, 2016, 8:17:21 AM via Website

If you already know about android app development then you should go for intermediate level or you should go for master level. If you do not have any idea about android development then you must have some basic concepts, logic and programming syntax. It is good if you have OOPs and Java knowledge.

Besides, I would like share below tutorial links to enhance your knowledge.
https://www.quora.com/Which-languages-should-I-know-before-learning-Android-App-Development/answer/Hardik-Jani-17
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-most-popular-Android-app-developer-blogs/answer/Hardik-Jani-17
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-most-popular-Android-forums/answer/Hardik-Jani-17

Hope, with the help of above materials, you can become a master android developer for android app development.

AppiGuru
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 13, 2016, 7:38:51 AM via Website

For Android app development, we require Java. Java is a wide platform and not that much tougher to use. Tools to create apps for Android can be Eclipse, which is the most popular tool or a new tool called Android Studio which deliver the quality of development support.

jack McGeor
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 17, 2016, 9:40:53 PM via Website

Hello My Friend !
I was like you , & looking for starting android programming with the right courses and lessons free ...
So i followed & buy best courses... & We Make a big archeive for android lessons and tutorials ...

We Posted every thing in one app for helping every one who want to learn android to start from here :
The App Is Named : "Master Android " in play store
Thanks ! This will help you really !

marshalali

marshalali
  • Forum posts: 20

Dec 17, 2016, 9:45:51 PM via Website

Thanks ! This is a very good start..

jack McGeor

Mark Gill
  • Forum posts: 2

May 23, 2017, 10:06:39 AM via Website

Hi guys,
Most of the Android development is centered around Eclipse, although I coded a few applications using IntelliJ IDEA's Community Edition without any problem. Personally, I don't care much about Eclipse's UI drag-and-drop interface. which is anything but impressive. Way more work needs to be done here.

Forget the Emulator, get the Real Deal
Forget the emulator. It's painfully slow, and you can only test a limited number of things on it. I use it only to test how my apps look like on bigger screen sizes, and that's about it. So, if you want to save time, use a real device connected via USB. I'd say you actually need two devices, since odds are, you'll have to test things like SMS, Bluetooth, and anything else requiring device-to-device communication. Even better if your second device has a different screen size. The more different the devices, the better you can test your app.

Don't like XML? Too bad
All of Android's UI is based on XML, which caused most of my initial headaches when I started. Although there are some tools that can assist you with some aspects of the UI, like Action Bar generators (such as the Sherlock, or the one from Johannilsson on Github), I am not aware of a complete GUI builder at this time, that would do all the low-level work and not be a Leaky abstraction .

waqasali
  • Forum posts: 35

Jun 7, 2017, 12:50:04 PM via Website

First you should learn Java Programming with OOP

Michael Warne
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 13, 2017, 10:48:25 AM via Website

Hi,

As far as I know, There are many certification courses in Android, I am sharing with you list. it will helpful for you.

Java Fundamentals for Android Development
Professional Android Apps Development
ATC Android Application Development
Expert Android Apps Development
ATC Monetize Android Application
ATC Android Security Essentials

You can learn some basic concepts with the help of W3C School. If you want to get training for Android certification than I would like to recommend Koenig Solutions.

alex
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 14, 2017, 10:29:34 AM via Website

Hello my friend,

Happy to know that you are taking programming and interested in this domain. Mobile application development is latest trend in modern days. If you choose this field you will have a fruitful career and can develop your knowledge in this specific field in your future. I would like to share the bellow mentioned link that may help you.
appsbee.tumblr.com/post/162159220815/5-sure-shot-ways-it-professionals-can-bring-back

tzouk
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 1, 2017, 12:14:50 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing it

Johnathan
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 22, 2018, 9:21:35 AM via Website

you can start your career in Android programming course having joined any Training Institute which is more nearest to your location and also you can start enhancing more skill having visit at W3C school website.

— modified on Oct 22, 2018, 9:26:38 AM

seanpaul
  • Forum posts: 9

Sep 2, 2019, 11:23:28 AM via Website

David Smith

I would suggest you to start with C++, then go for Java, JavaScript & learn Eclipse. It is always a best practice to learn up to date android technology trends, It will help you a lot.

JAVA is one of the most complex programming languages. And it's not a good idea to start with it. C++, JS would be much easier

Foshuna
  • Forum posts: 10

Dec 23, 2019, 8:19:40 AM via Website

Wow..thanks for informative posts

DEV IT
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 31, 2021, 11:39:37 AM via Website

Please do not wondering here to there, just go to the Android official developer guide page, there are all materials available with screenshot explantation.
Also can read the blog on devitpl official blog where many solution-based blogs are uploaded which helps in upgrading your knowledge with sample codes.