Google Chromecast — Have you bought Chromecast and are you happy with your purchase?

• Replies:8
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Sep 26, 2014, 2:51:20 PM via Website

Hey guys!

Lately I've been considering buying a Chromecast Dongle, and I wanted to know if anyone has and what they thought! In Europe, there aren't that many dongles to choose from, but in the US, you can also choose a Roku. Do you have any feedback on your Chromecast experiences?

— modified on Sep 26, 2014, 2:51:28 PM

Brett Henley
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 6, 2014, 10:54:13 PM via Website

Loie Favre

Hey guys!

Lately I've been considering buying a [Chromecast Dongle][1], and I wanted to know if anyone has and what they thought! In Europe, there aren't that many dongles to choose from, but in the US, you can also choose a Roku. Do you have any feedback on your Chromecast experiences?

![image][2]

[1]: https://www.nextpit.com/what-is-chromecast
[2]: https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/3971960/image/google-chromecast-anschluss-tv.jpg

Its great and when was the last time you only had to pay$30 one time and thats it. Cant beat it

Sam
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 11, 2014, 9:57:45 PM via Website

They're great, I mean they are really great... My TV is pretty old, and isn't a Smart TV. Purchasing this little thing for £25 means I have Netflix, youtube etc on my TV? GOD YEAH!

Glenn Stevens
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 14, 2014, 12:06:03 AM via App

I have had mine for a month or so and I like it. Good, not great, selection of apps. I mostly use it for Netflix. But I also stream music and Crackle shows.

Glenn Stevens
  • Forum posts: 2

May 15, 2015, 1:41:24 AM via Website

Hi Loie,
I have had a Chromecast for a while now and it always worked well. There are plenty of apps so you have choices of what to watch. I have since switched to Roku and it is, by far the best thing I have bought in a while. It supports hundreds of apps and TV and radio stations. Think of the Chromecast as a warm up for a Roku. Hope this helps.
Glenn

Doug McKinnon
  • Forum posts: 14

Feb 28, 2016, 11:25:40 PM via Website

Hi Loie. I bought a Chromecast this past summer to use on my Samsung TV in the living room. The whole idea behind the CC sounded pretty cool so I wanted to try it out. My PC is a couple rooms away and I wanted to "cast" my internet onto the TV so I could kick back on the couch and browse the Web. Only one problem: the Chromecast signal (or whatever it is) only reaches 15 feet!

When I found that out I took it back immediately.

John Smith
  • Forum posts: 29

Mar 7, 2016, 8:15:04 AM via Website

I am a pro gamer and its more easily adaptable and useful for playing games in friend and other homes with larger screens for me
i am just using for gaming for larger screens

Tony Zuko
  • Forum posts: 7

Mar 16, 2016, 4:49:43 AM via Website

Wow knowing that it works on non smart TVs I'd definitely need to purchase one!