hello from New Jersey

• Replies:11
wayne williams
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 28, 2014, 11:27:02 PM via Website

This has been a great source for learning how to do more with my phone. So, I decided to jump in.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Oct 29, 2014, 2:03:56 AM via Website

Welcome to AndroidPIt. you have chosen the right forum See you around.

Ready To Help You.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 29, 2014, 3:09:55 AM via Website

Hey neighbor, I am in NYC

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Oct 29, 2014, 5:44:26 PM via Website

Hey Wayne Williams, nice to have you here at AndroidPIT!

New Jersey is home to some of my favorite rock bands of all time, I've never been there but I'd love to go someday! :D

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Oct 29, 2014, 6:32:17 PM via Website

Hi Wayne, good to have you here. Feel free to ask or answer any questions ;)

Sinkster

wayne williams

Oct 30, 2014, 1:06:19 PM via Website

John F.

Hello @Wayne Welcome to AndroidPIT community ! Good to have you on board :) So, which device do you own ?

Thanks for the welcome and I am the happy owner of a Galaxy Note 3.

wayne williams

Oct 30, 2014, 1:56:13 PM via Website

Kris Carlon

What's up @Wayne! Happy to have you aboard! As a Note 3 man, tell us your thoughts on the Note 4?

Thanks for the shout out, and I only had the note 3 for 6 months. Yet, in the past 3 weeks or so I have discovered more uses for this device, that I use it in place of my home desktop, laptop, and lately my remote for my home entertainment system. My appreciation of the 3 is, it is exceptional. I don't know how anyone would buy a phone like this without a s pen. It's just so convenient.

The upgrades in the Note 4 are nice functional improvements, and if I hadn't just upgraded I would have the 4 now. The expanded split screen options and S pen improvements with turning written notes to text and texts to messaging or email looks awesome.

I'm a regular guy, and I don't get all the design analysis I see on most reviews. When I read that tech reviewers think aluminum denotes premium material, it makes me cringe. As you can see, I value substance over style and the note series delivers. I know a lot of people think samsung just throws features up against the wall to see what sticks, but I find just because I haven't figured out how to use something right away, doesn't mean it's useless.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 3, 2014, 10:28:48 AM via Website

I know what you're saying @Wayne, I only recently started using Android Beam (of all things) regularly. I knew it was there, I knew how to use it, but it was one of those features I never really bothered with. But because I'm always juggling a couple of phones I realized how much simpler it is to just transfer screenshots or photos with Android Beam rather than an auto-synced cloud folder on Drive or something - the old-skool method seems better to me. That's one of the best parts of owning an Android, there's always more to discover, like the remote for you and Beam for me.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

neil rees
  • Forum posts: 19

Nov 4, 2014, 3:21:42 PM via App

hello from S.Wales UK, glad you joined us,have some fun and get expert help all in one place......

Barış Biltekin
  • Forum posts: 9

Nov 8, 2014, 8:12:14 PM via Website

Welcome Wayne