Google Nexus 5 — HANGOUTS

• Replies:3
  • Answered
Mel Fox
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 5, 2014, 10:59:46 PM via Website

I have a Nexus 5 pre installed with Hangouts. Is it possible to remove Hangouts and replace with an similar App the is not as problematic? I have been told that because its factory installed it could cause damage if removed.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 6, 2014, 7:50:21 AM via Website

Well @Mei Yes, you can install other similar apps like Hangouts to use while you are unrooted but you can't uninstall hangout, for that you are going to root your device. I am sure you must be aware that once you root your device down the warranty gets void, so I wouldn't suggest you moving forward with rooting until or unless you are so sure about what you are doing. If I talk about myself then I really love Hangout and don't think I want to replace it with something different. :D And yes I don't think uninstalling Hangout after rooting your device is going to create any issues. So rest I'll leave this upto you ! :)

— modified on Nov 6, 2014, 7:50:52 AM

Mel Fox

Nov 6, 2014, 3:08:34 PM via Website

Thanks for your advice :) John. The way I see it, I have had this problem since day 1. The Nexus was delivered with Hangouts installed I am going to Google to suggest a reconfiguring of the phone if that doesn't work a replacement. It's only 4 Months old. I noticed Hangouts also kills the battery. I will advise you off the outcome. Thanks again for your input.:)

Mel Fox

Nov 26, 2014, 2:47:34 PM via Website

Mel Fox

Thanks for your advice :) John. The way I see it, I have had this problem since day 1. The Nexus was delivered with Hangouts installed I am going to Google to suggest a reconfiguring of the phone if that doesn't work a replacement. It's only 4 Months old. I noticed Hangouts also kills the battery. I will advise you off the outcome. Thanks again for your input.:)

I received a replacement Nexus 5 & than the Lollipop update arrived I than removed Hangouts, No more problems :) Thanks again.