Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 — Boot loop

• Replies:11
ordinor tucker
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 10, 2014, 7:31:43 PM via Website

My Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 is stuck in a boot loop up to the logo.
the option is there to restore to factory default, will this help?
is there a way to recover my data?
can you offer any help?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 11, 2014, 7:38:35 AM via Website

Well @ordinor that's bad :( anyway I would say

First try performing a factory reset, to see if that help you out !

1. First switch the device off holding the power button.
  2. Once the device is turned off, Press and hold the Volume up button then press and hold the Power button until the Samsung Logo appears.
  3. Use the Volume Up/Down buttons to navigate to wipe data/factory reset.
  4. Press power button to select Wipe data/factory reset.
  5. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
  6. Select reboot system now.
  7. Wait until the reboot process completes.

See if that helps you out ! If that doesn't helps you out then I am afraid but the second option is to flash the stock ROM over to your device again:(, do one thing try this one out first and if that doesn't helps you I'll guide you with the flashing process. :)

PS: (danger)Performing Factory resetting is going to wipe you data stored, so I couldn't help it at this stage but if this works out for you, can use recovery software to try getting your data back.(danger)

Jeroen Alberts

Sep 25, 2015, 8:10:37 AM via Website

I had the same, but solved it. After booting it started to reboot after 10-20 seconds and this repeated continuously.

Please try this, after rebooting disable the wifi in the settings of your tablet.

If after disabling the wifi the tablet does not reboot than that is the issue.

How to solve?

enable the wifi again and remove the connections you are using or may use, starting first with the one that is connected (since otherwise the tablet will reboot before you have removed it). Than remove the others which you may use.

Also remove the tablet in your router from the list of connected devices (I am not sure it is needed but I did that)

Now reboot the tablet yourself.

In the settings of the tablet you see all your connections appearing again under Wifi.

Connect to the wifi connection (SSID) you need (you will likely have to input the key(password)).

Now the tablet does not reboot anymore automatically.

Federico Zulberti

Apr 4, 2016, 6:03:43 AM via Website

I have the same problem but it doesnt go to a menu. It says it has to download a new os or something. It sais thin in this oder:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME GT5110
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

DOWNLOADING, DONT TURN OFF TARGET!!!!!

Ronald Wells

Apr 26, 2016, 7:49:43 PM via Website

I have the same issue with mine. I don't want to interrupt the process, but I'm wondering if there is and end?

Christophe Savoy

May 8, 2016, 11:35:28 AM via Website

I got this screen. I kept trying everything. I think I held the volume down and power and kept holding. Eventually I got to the factory reset screen.

Angelo

Sep 18, 2016, 8:23:50 PM via Website

Hi. I have a tab 3 7.0, but I can't turn it on, or have it completely off. It justs shows the boot screen until is dies, no matter what I do.

Garry Hagan

Apr 9, 2018, 2:48:55 PM via App

Federico Zulberti

I have the same problem but it doesnt go to a menu. It says it has to download a new os or something. It sais thin in this oder:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME GT5110
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

DOWNLOADING, DONT TURN OFF TARGET!!!!!

terry

Jun 28, 2018, 7:32:30 AM via Website

Hi,

I know this post was from a long time ago. I was trying to update my Android to 4.4.4. and got to the point of loading a new CWM....but it seems i may have loaded the wrong one and now my tablet is stuck at the Samsung logo. I have tried the process you mentioned above but can't get past this logo. Please help.

naomi
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 28, 2020, 2:26:34 AM via Website

hi. thanks for your post. i have tried all you posted but my device wont come on. please could you put me through on how to flash on my tab. i would really appreciate the help
thanks a lot

naomi
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 28, 2020, 2:28:33 AM via Website

i have same problem
mine is GT5100

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Apr 28, 2020, 3:53:54 AM via Website

You better take it to assistance naomi. It is impossible to help you on these vague informations and without seeing and touching your device.The only thing one could suggest you is to try a factory reset.Take your device to a phisical shop