What are the simplest things you appreciate about your smartphone?

• Replies:5
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Nov 13, 2014, 3:18:50 PM via Website

I just plugged my headphones into my Xperia Z3 Compact and started to play a song thinking "oh I forgot to turn the volume down, this is going to blast me ears off!"

But it didn't. My Z3 Compact had automatically reduced the volume after I plugged the headphones in to protect my ears.

It started me thinking, what are the simple things about your smartphone that you appreciate?

I have another one. There is a "smart rotate" function on my phone which means it knows not to rotate the screen when I lie down on my side, because the viewing angle is the same! How cool is that!? Simple but awesome.

What are your favorite simple smartphone pleasures? :D

Kevin Berendsen
  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 13, 2014, 5:19:00 PM via App

This sounds pretty old fashioned but I especially like my mobile device for playing a song and allowing me to do something else as well at the same time.

— modified on Nov 13, 2014, 5:19:16 PM

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Nov 13, 2014, 5:38:36 PM via Website

Kevin Berendsen

This sounds pretty old fashioned but I especially like my mobile device for playing a song and allowing me to do something else as well at the same time.

YES! I'm totally with you. Another thing I just noticed recently is that I can use the volume controls for my handset when I'm listening to music even when it's locked. I like that :)

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 13, 2014, 5:54:52 PM via App

I think alot about it and even I am still (thinking) about it but seriously I can't even think about something which assist me other than I guess calling :D and at the same time I can send text messages !

— modified on Nov 13, 2014, 5:55:48 PM

Kevin Berendsen
  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 13, 2014, 7:18:57 PM via App

Scott Adam Gordon

Kevin Berendsen

YES! I'm totally with you. Another thing I just noticed recently is that I can use the volume controls for my handset when I'm listening to music even when it's locked. I like that :)

Haha yeah! Sadly I broke mine though.

@John, I barely get calls and when I do, I pay full attention to the conversation otherwise I would have no idea what the other person is saying :D Its awesome though if you have to note something down in a text document editor app such as an address that you get from the person who you re calling with. I remember when that wasnt possible yet and I had no pen nor paper with me. Really really annoying :)

Academ_Media
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 4, 2014, 8:18:18 AM via Website

All the default melodies are pleasant, even the alarm clock ones. That's pretty rare if you ask me.