LG G2 vs OPO vs Moto G 2014 - What should I buy?

• Replies:2
Ricardo L.
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 13, 2014, 11:19:52 PM via Website

Hi guys! My Galaxy S2 (great phone btw) is old and not working very well right now. I think he suffered enough. I'm on the market for a new phone and I thought you could help me with suggestions.

My budget is around 300€, but the less I spend the better.

There are various things I care about in a phone:
Performance - I use a lot of apps and I want a fast phone.
Camera - I'm not huge on photography, but a good camera definitely comes in handy
Size / hold / prettiness - I don't want a huge phone, I want something that feels good on my hand

One Plus One - 281€ (16GB) / 311€ (64GB)
It's amazing the fact that I can get a smartphone this good for this price. There's just one problem: it's too damn big. A friend of mine has one and it's not very slick. The back doesn't feel great. The other problem is that if it breaks down it's going to be a problem because I'd have to send it back and that's just a whole lot of trouble that I'd like to avoid. Great front camera.

LG G2 - 305€ (16G)
Seems like a great phone. It's the one I'm leaning to right now. It's just a bit hard to swallow to pay this much for a phone with worse performance than OPO.

Nexus 5 (16GB)
It's kind of hard to get right now. I like that it's the smallest of all of them (4,95", 137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm), but the LG G2 has a much better camera. And they say the battery has half the life of LG G2.

Moto G 2014 - 187€ (8G+SD)
It's just so cheap! Is it really worth to pay more 100 euros for another phone?

What do you thing? What's the phone with best performance, is the gap that noticeable? And the cameras? Are they that different? I need some help! =)

the boss
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 3, 2014, 10:23:49 PM via Website

I have the lg g2 and with cyanogenmod its awesome !
And in my opinion the best of them, you won't notice the newer processor of the oneplus one and the g2 is still flying, on cm12, and the g2 has better battery life, a better display, and the cameras are about equal as far as I know. I bought a used g2 for 190€ in eBay kleinanzeigen.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Dec 4, 2014, 2:27:28 PM via Website

Hey Ricardo good question! It's really tough! I agree with all of your thoughts!

OnePlus One is amazing, but big, and the LG G2 might not be quite as good, but it can't be far off. In fact, I bet there are a ton of people who prefer the LG G2, it was one of the best phones released last year and I think 305 euros is a great price.

I'd prefer the LG G2 to the Nexus 5, yes, for the reasons that you mention! Better battery and camera.

The Moto G (2014) is brilliant for the price, really great, but technically it's not that much better than the Galaxy S2... I don't think. I used them both at the same time for a couple of weeks. And the camera is not good.

The LG G2 also has optical image stabilization on its camera and I think that is kind of a must these days.

If you can afford it man you have to get the LG G2. You aren't even going to notice the performance difference between that and the OnePlus One. If you can't afford it, yes don't get anything else other than a Moto G (2014). There isn't anything that comes close to it for that price. It's amazing value.