Samsung Galaxy Tab deader than a door nail

• Replies:2
  • Answered
Larry Johnson
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 15, 2014, 3:33:22 PM via Website

I left my tab working perfectly one night and the next day it was dead. Had plenty of battery and was not on charger. Would not respond to any of the start up button sequences. Once got a flicker of a white line around edge of screen then never again. Plugged in to charger over night and no change. Charge LED does not illuminate.

Chatted with Samsung and conclusion is it's not worth sending to repair so started disassembly. Once cover off noticed felt tip pen markings on inside of cover and on one of the components. Also noticed a glue had been used top help secure the back cover. IS THIS NEW? Bought new in the box at Walmart but this sure looks like a refurbish. Does anyone know if factory makes such markings internally? Two months out of warranty so have nothing to lose but was very curious about this.

Also, has anyone experienced this problem?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 15, 2014, 7:15:45 PM via App

Well, @Larry haven't experienced anything like this before. Anyway I eould say pen tip markings are usually okay becuase sometimes while manufacturing the technicinas takes out a device randomly and ran test over its componenets and all ! (lightbulb) I guess your device may be the same device whih has gone through the test (thinking) and was refurbised back, if you feel like that this device is bothering you too much and not working correctly like it should, why don't you try calling servicing centre people about the markings they can guide you properly with when this device is out of the factory and all..... and who knows you may get a replacement from them ! (thinking)

— modified on Nov 15, 2014, 7:16:14 PM

Larry Johnson
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 15, 2014, 11:54:07 PM via Website

Thanks for the reply. I pulled the battery out and let it sit for a few minutes. Put it back together and it worked! Battery very discharged but it took a full charge and is back to normal. Go figure.