Google Nexus 5 — Nexus 5 No Lollipop on OTA

• Replies:3
Zahra
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 19, 2014, 7:22:41 AM via Website

I just bought a Nexus 5 and I suspect it was an old stock from a local reseller which came with 4.4.3 out of the box. After I set it up I got the notification for System Update and it updated to 4.4.4. Now today (Dec 19/2014), it is showing that my system is up to date which actually is not given that 5.01 out and has been rolled out OTA.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. (I am not a techie person) so simple terms will help :-)

Thanks in advance.

Dhrubajit Bharali
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 29, 2014, 10:32:53 AM via Website

I also using the nexus 5 with android kitkat 4.4.4. I have heard about the android L 5.0 and the update 5.01 for the same which was released OTA. But i haven't received the same on my handset as yet. I am from India and bought the device in Januray,2014.

Thanks,

D.Bharali

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Dec 29, 2014, 3:05:54 PM via Website

Well @Dhrubajit that's weird you should have received the update OTA, did you try checking for updates? (thinking) Try heading over to the settings>about device>check for updates. I am sure you must see the update and you still can't see that then you can always flash the factory image of Lollipop over to your device.:)