Samsung Galaxy S4 Active — SD card problems

• Replies:3
katie sanders
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 8, 2015, 2:01:42 PM via App

I may not be understanding my SD card, or something is wrong. I got an SD card recently and moved all my large apps to it, including my emoji keyboard and live wallpaper. whenever I turn off my phone and turn it on again I have to enable my emoji keyboard and wallpaper. also, I can't figure out how to make all my apps go to SD card by default. any help please.

David A. Lefebvre
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 9, 2015, 3:25:29 PM via Website

Katie, I feel your frustration. I too have an S4 active and since upgrading to software version 4.2.2 have not been able to do hardly anything with the SD card. I've seen a number of comments on different forums that indicate that Samsung deliberately put a line of code in the software that makes it difficult for the SD card to work with the phone. The reason is because Samsung wants you to buy a new phone when you get close to the storage limit of your phone and not move your apps and data to a storage card. There are apps,one called "cleandroid", no space, that somehow tricks the system into allowing apps to be moved from the system to the SD card. It prevented me from adjusting my phone with a ball peen hammer. The icon is green on playstore. Good luck.

katie sanders
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 10, 2015, 9:00:43 AM via App

thank you! definitely going to find this app

Ahmed Lizneen
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 11, 2015, 7:29:29 PM via Website

kaite best way is to manage ur vedios,images and songs in ur SD.. and ull get enough memory for apps and games.. if u r not familiar with firmware tricks its gonna b little difficult for u to manage it in an adavnce method.. anyway if u feel dat u need definitely need to do something aboit it..feel free to ask.. in phone it will say that its saving images etc.. in stoarge but its in ur phone memory and sometimes ppl think its the SD card
thank you