How to root a device?

• Replies:15
  • Answered
Atul
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 15, 2015, 2:56:32 PM via App

Can anyone tell me how to root device, and what are the risk?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 15, 2015, 3:13:24 PM via Website

Well, @Atul for most of the device there are different rooting tricks !! So, I think I need to know about the device you are trying to root onto !! Also if I talk about the risk of rooting a device then, some of the worst demerits is you will void your warranty and sometimes you may end bricking your device (if you haven't followed the correct way to do that). :)

Atul

Feb 16, 2015, 3:53:46 AM via App

My device Micromax A089
Android 4.2.2
anything else??

— modified on Feb 16, 2015, 3:54:37 AM

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 16, 2015, 6:08:13 AM via Website

Okay, @Atul here's the guide to root your device make sure you follow things in an exact manner !

Prerequisites:

-The very first thing is to make sure that your device must have at least 80% of battery backup.
-Get the root tool downloaded over here
-Make sure that you have enable USB Debugging, from Developer Settings.

Steps to root your Micromax A089:

-Copy and paste the downloaded root tool from the PC to your Micromax A089.
-Once done reboot your Smartphone.
-Navigate to the root tool from your Smartphone (I am sure you must have some file explorer installed if not then you install one from PlayStore).
-Tap over the file once and it will install root tool on your Smartphone.
-This will install a app named Framaroot over your Micromax A089.
-Launch the app by tapping over the app.
-Follow the instructions on the screen to begin the rooting process.
-Select the “Boromir” exploit when asked from the list provided.
-Wait for the Framaroot to complete rooting process over your A089.
-Once the rooting process completes, reboot your A089 manually.

All done now you are rooted user !!! :)

Note: Rooting your device is going to void your warranty, so don't proceed if you don't know what you are doing. Also we are not going to take any responsibility if you end up bricking your device. Although if you follow the tutorial everything will be fine :). Make sure that you have backup your data before proceeding!!

jason Lim
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 16, 2015, 6:58:34 AM via Website

Could you tell anyway to root my device ZTE V815W android 4.4.2 !!! because try a few way already but it didn't work...

— modified on Feb 16, 2015, 7:01:12 AM

Atul

Feb 16, 2015, 3:27:15 PM via App

Thanx I'll try it.

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 16, 2015, 3:47:15 PM via Website

jason Lim

Could you tell anyway to root my device ZTE V815W android 4.4.2 !!! because try a few way already but it didn't work...

Hey Jason,I am afraid but I am not that much familiar with the ZTE devices, so can't suggest you about the same. :( Will try to dig something out to maybe @Sanjai can help you on this one ! I'll ask him about the same, also I would suggest you keeping glued to your own thread instead of hijacking someone;)

Atul

Feb 17, 2015, 4:12:31 AM via App

Thank you!! Can you suggest me what to do now when i have rooted my device?

— modified on Feb 17, 2015, 8:38:09 AM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 17, 2015, 4:33:34 PM via App

Now you are rooted the choice is yours. You could simply install a few apps to backup your app data or add extra functionality to your current setup, or you could go the whole hog and install a custom ROM and/or kernel. There are guides on here and other forums such as XDA which can help you decide your next action; most first time rooters backup then uninstall a few useless apps but you need to check which ones are safe to remove and which ones are required by your phone, so read up first 😉

Sinkster

colineddie05
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 26, 2015, 11:13:40 AM via Website

b l checker

Thats g[ood][1] for you

Mayank Shah
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 16, 2016, 6:07:42 PM via Website

In my previous post i talked about 5 reasons to root your android phone but as with every good looking thing it has some disadvantages.

So here are my 5 reasons or disadvantages for rooting your phone:
1. Warranty voiding

Yes if you decide to root your android device within your warranty period your warranty would be voided. Now I know some users don’t worry about this but for most it is of much importance. Now don’t get me wrong, there are ways to get us back to how it was before rooting so you can claim your warranty. But that’s a time consuming process so always think twice before rooting your android phone when its under your warranty period. Obviously, gaining root access isn’t something that is officially supported by manufacturers, otherwise we’d start seeing device coming already rooted straight from the factory. As such, if you gain root access on your device, you can more than likely kill your warranty goodbye.

Some devices, such as Samsung, even have a flash counter built into them that will keep track of whether or not a user has tampered with the firmware and installed unofficial software and this can be checked even if the phone has been unrooted and locked again. While there are methods of restoring this back to zero, there are no guarantees that the Warranty department won’t catch on.

1. Bricking risk

Bricking is nothing but rendering your phone completely useless because something went wrong. If you did something wrong during process of installation or rooting now as much as during the process of rooting the chances of something going wrong is always there. Now most of the time you can your start your phone if you find the particular forum and follow these steps but it’s always a risky. So if you are not ready for the words then better not to do rooting.

There are two main issues related to rooting Android and performing updates. First, after applying the update the root will most likely be removed and users will have to go through the risky process again. And two, updates may fail to install due to software modifications that occurred while the distribution has been rooted (either because of user alterations or due to the root access itself). So where does this leave you?

smartphone-439617_1920

Well, in the first case the worst that could happen is that you will be unable to root Android, because the update patches the security exploit that was used for rooting. Needless to say, your low-level modifications will most likely be returned to stock as well, which can lead to a time-consuming process of having to revert (basically, re-do) them to their altered state.

In the second case, your device is basically exposed to any security exploits which would have otherwise been patched by installing the available update. It’s a lose-lose scenario, either way, in most cases.

1. Security

With routing you gain access to a lot of parameters which can be modified by you which is nice but with this kind of power its double the malicious app can create havoc on your system can be corrupted or the words your personal info can be hacked or stolen. So security remains a big factor while rooting your phone.By gaining root access, you get total control over the entire system.

With the right skills and tools, you can read and modify almost any parameter on your device. This is the reason why some apps, as as SuperSU, require root access in order to work properly. However, this type of access is a double edged sword as with root access nothing is there to prevent malicious applications from wreaking havoc on your system: system files can be corrupted or deleted, personal information can be skimmed, and you could even soft brick your device.

security-265130_1920

1. Time Consumption

Rooting requires time and efforts. Not all devices are created equal putting some phones have two step process but for some others it could be more than that. Now this is not the first time you root when you decide to flash and your experiment with different Rom and version updates.The procedure to root a device varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even from device to device. There is no “official” method for rooting your device.

For example, rooting Nexus devices requires you to download a toolset and then use the PC command prompt to gain access while most Samsung devices requires you to use the Odin software on your PC to get the same results. As such, with device specific instructions that often require multiple steps and at least a decent understanding of computers, there is a much larger chance for things to go wrong and possibly rendering your device unusable.

1. Conclusion

Well routing give you more access to your phone and more power to your device than you can imagine but let’s be honest How many office keep tinkering a phone just because you have a root access? The answer is probably not for long. So before you decide to root think about it is needed or not. If you are ready to face consequences if anything happened then only try rooting.One of the most important thing to consider: when you’ve rooted your device, you gain a ton more access to areas of your device that were previously out of your reach. But with this access, what exactly are you going to do with it? Is there something out there that will get what you want done without needing root access?

The intention of this post is not to scare anyone out of android rooting but to educate every of you with the risk associated with its process itself. Do comment if you have bricking while rooting or any other problem.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 17, 2016, 8:53:44 PM via Website

I think I need to know about the device you are trying to root?

ANDROID BD
  • Forum posts: 17

Mar 15, 2017, 6:01:30 AM via Website

You can Root your phone with many One click root apps or software. Risk is if you make any mistake you will brick your phone and you will loose your warranty.

ANDROID BD

Mar 15, 2017, 6:04:38 AM via Website

Use Lucky Patcher to hack apps and games, block ads etc. :D

Richard Anderson

Jun 15, 2017, 11:17:17 PM via Website

Well, you can use Kingroot or Towelroot to your Android phone without computer. Also don't forget to install lucky patcher app for android to hack most of the Android apps and games. I root my android phone to use this app only.

Bruno Torres
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 15, 2017, 11:23:39 PM via Website

Good idea!