HELP!!!! Android Studio, fetch specific database row on login and diplay it

• Replies:0
Michalis Gritzalis
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 22, 2015, 10:39:17 AM via Website

I have a sqlite database that the user can register to! I have successfully created a login form and when the login is successful (database's username and password match what the user has entered on the form) the user is redirected to another activity. What i want is in the activity that the user is redirected,
to display his entire database row (id,username, books,email,course, password, student name) based on his username or id!! Any ideas?? I would really appreciate if you could help me..This is urgent!!!

Here is my code for creating the database:

static final String DATABASE_CREATE = "create table "+"LOGIN"+
    "( " +"ID"+" integer primary key autoincrement,"+ "USERNAME  varchar2," +
    "PASSWORD varchar2, COURSE varchar2, EMAIL varchar2, STUDENT_NAME varchar2); ";

Here is the code for storing users to the database:

public void insertEntry(String userName,String password,String course,String email, String student_name)

{
ContentValues newValues = new ContentValues();
// Assign values for each row.
newValues.put("USERNAME", userName);
newValues.put("PASSWORD",password);
newValues.put("COURSE", course);
newValues.put("EMAIL",email);
newValues.put("STUDENT_NAME", student_name);

// Insert the row into your table
db.insert("LOGIN", null, newValues);
///Toast.makeText(context, "Reminder Is Successfully Saved", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

}

and finally here is the login code:

if(password.equals(storedPassword))
        {
            Toast.makeText(MyActivity.this, "Congrats: Login Successfull", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
            dialog.dismiss();
            startActivity(new Intent(MyActivity.this, Login_home.class));
        }
        else
        {
            Toast.makeText(MyActivity.this, "User Name or Password does not match", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
        }

Can you please provide me with the class that does what I'm after??? I've checked everything