LG G3 Cat.6 — LG G3 Lollipop Candy5

• Replies:1
Corry Tu
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 24, 2015, 4:13:00 AM via Website

I'm confused by what the Lollipop Update is o:
What does it do? Should I update my G3 to Lollipop? o:
What are the features of Lollipop? I've been trying to find some clue as to what's special about it...
I found this website that tells me how to install it, but it doesn't say if my data on my phone will be erased...What is "rooting" and what is a USB Driver?
I probably should know all this stuff since I'm 17, but I don't really study my phone that much...
Can someone help?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 25, 2015, 3:53:16 PM via App

Lollipop is the latest version of Android and there are a few topics in our news section that can tell you the improvements. If you're not sure about setting up adb and the other elements required on your pc then it would be safer for you to wait for an ota (over the air) update rather than trying it yourself, at least until you're confident about doing it. While it's not hugely complicated, there is a chance you could brick your device (temporarily or even permanently). The drivers should install automatically the first time you connect your phone to the PC, but setting up adb can be time consuming on windows (2 minute job on Linux 😉). If you do go ahead then it will wipe your data, plus as Candy5 is a cm based rom you should be aware that all the Lg apps (camera, media etc) will be replaced by cm equivalents, i.e. generic apps.

Sinkster