Samsung Galaxy S4 — After Android 5.0.1 update, DATA widget no longer works.

• Replies:6
Sanford Ohren
  • Forum posts: 3

May 4, 2015, 1:04:53 AM via Website

After AT&T's pushed Android 5.0.1 udate, the built-in DATA widget (one step toggle for data connection) no longer works. It can be highlighted as if toggled on, but data remains off. And, if manually turned on through the settings menu, the highlighted widget is no longer responsive at all. Deleting and reinstalling the widget did not fix problem. This looks like a system bug! Manually turning data on or off through settings is a needless hassle. Is there a fix available? If not, Google, please patch this bug.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 4, 2015, 1:48:13 PM via Website

There are a few bugs in Samsungs Lollipop updates (for a change...), one of which is this. There's nothing Google can do about it: it's a TouchWiz issue, so Samsung need to provide a fix. Other users report a factory reset can maybe fix it, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

Sinkster

Sanford Ohren
  • Forum posts: 3

May 4, 2015, 8:58:30 PM via Website

Factory reset is too drastic; just not worth the hours and hours of hassle. Sooooo... SAMSUNG, get on the stick and fix (patch) it and the other TouchWiz bugs resulting from the Lollipop roll-out! Your customer-base loyalty depends on you.

charles d.
  • Forum posts: 33

May 6, 2015, 6:30:16 AM via Website

I have also wants to know about same so I have posted in another forum too, where I got the reply from admin that we have received several queries regarding it and shortly we will fix it...

Timo Schuck
  • Forum posts: 19

May 7, 2015, 11:25:53 PM via Website

got massiv crashes too. shit happens, still work again?

Yasemin Nielsen
  • Forum posts: 2

May 9, 2015, 8:04:19 AM via App

A month ago I bought the Samsung Galaxy tab S 8.4 T705 LTE. 3 probs: 1) The, for my part, ugly interface/UI of lollipop = all backgrounds for example in settings menu, contacts and so forth, are pure white, definitely not eyefriendly. 2) Also, everything in these menus has become smaller! Very sad about this. 3) I have a huge battery consuming problem with lollipop. Now battery life last between 3-4 hours with little use, whereas before with kitkat battery life lasted from morning to night which was very impressing. I'm so unhappy with this update, but haven't got the brains to downgrade to prior version. Yasemin Nielsen.

— modified on May 9, 2015, 8:05:01 AM

David Duehring
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 13, 2015, 5:17:11 PM via Website

charles d.

I have also wants to know about same so I have posted in another forum too, where I got the reply from admin that we have received several queries regarding it and shortly we will fix it...

It's been over a month and my phone still isn't working. Has yours been fixed yet. Seems like they ain't doing anything to fix all the problems with the update. If they don't fix this issue I'll be going to an I phone. This is bullshit!