No service?

• Replies:5
Aidan H.
  • Forum posts: 4

May 15, 2015, 10:55:24 PM via Website

My Moto E wouldn't boot for some reason, so I went "might as well" and I rootedand installed CWM, installed a stock ROM I got from the Internet for my specific device model, backed that up and then installed CM12. Too buggy so I went back to backed up ROM. Ever since I installed that stock rom from the Internet, however, I have had no cell service at all. No text messages, no anything. And my IMEI is the same as the IMEI printed on my phone, and I tried renaming apnf_conf.xml to .bak (or something like that) via instructions on xda.

It shows no cell bars in my status bar, and when it boots it's in Airplane Mode (but Wifi and BT are on). When I turn off Airplane Mode, it makes no difference to anything and I can't turn it back on. So if I could get some help with this that would be great because I really don't want to pay for service I'm not getting. I do have an old iPhone but I own an Android Wear watch and don't want that to become redundant.

I have also tried inserting then removing my SIM but after I remove it, it doesn't detect me putting it back in.

Aidan H.

May 16, 2015, 5:17:12 AM via Website

Bump...

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 16, 2015, 8:41:38 AM via App

Could be a problem with your kernel after restoring the backup. Try using your recovery to wipe the dalvik and system caches.

Sinkster

Aidan H.

Aidan H.

May 16, 2015, 10:58:29 AM via Website

I tried wiping Dalvik and system cache with CWM, Still no service :(

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 16, 2015, 3:41:07 PM via Website

If the backed up rom is lollipop based then flash the stock image using ADB then try and restore the data only. If it's kitkat then there may be issues as the radio could be the wrong version(which would cause kernel issues) and data between versions isn't 100% compatible. You'll probably have to start from scratch in either case, unfortunately, as flashing CM12 would change system files pretty much irreversibly.

Sinkster

Aidan H.

Aidan H.

May 16, 2015, 9:27:27 PM via Website

How exactly would I start from scratch?

I made sure that the stock rom was for my specific model (xt1023) but it still doesn't work.