Change WhatsApp Number to Select Contacts

• Replies:1
Jerome
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 7, 2023, 7:10:18 PM via Website

Good day
I've been using my personal WhatsApp number for personal and business. I have now decided to separate this by having 2 phone with different profiles with one being personal (current) and the other WhatsApp Business (new number).

However, I only want notify a select number of contacts on my phone. I'd then like to continue with my current number on the personal WhatsApp number without notifying every single contact.

I know I can use change my whatsapp numbers and do a custom selection to notify them of my number change, but I don't want to change my number for all contacts on my phone.

Please assist in how I can achieve this without losing my personal WhatsApp number.

Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Jul 11, 2023, 9:50:44 AM via Website

To separate your personal and business WhatsApp usage without changing your personal number for all contacts, you can follow these steps:

Get a new SIM card and activate WhatsApp Business on a new phone using that new number.
On your personal phone, go to WhatsApp settings and turn off "Read Receipts" and "Last Seen" visibility.
Manually inform the select contacts you want to notify about your new business number while keeping your personal number for others.

This way, you can maintain separate profiles for personal and business while controlling the visibility of your personal number.

Helpful?
James Watson