A formal test version of Android version 4.3 for the Samsung Galaxy S4 has surfaced, here's how to install it along with details of the new additions.
The new Android 4.3 on the Galaxy S4
- Improved stability and fluidity. Android 4.3 is generally faster.
- Samsung Wallet
- Samsung Knox (professional tool)
- Reading Mode (screen control for prolonged reading)
- More natural colors/better color reproduction
- More accurate display
Install Android 4.3 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4
1. Download the firmware here: Android 4.3 firmware test Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4.
2. Unzip the zip file, and you will get two files with the extension .tar.md5 and a file with the extension .tar
3. Download Odin 3.09, and unpack the .zip also.
4. Launch Odin.
5. Reboot your Galaxy S4 in download mode (Volume Down + Power + Home button).
6. Connect your Galaxy S4 via USB cable to your computer and wait for Odin to recognize it. A blue box should then appear (in the program).
AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to the AP box
BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar in the BL box
CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 in the CP box
CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 in CCS box
8. Make sure that the re-partition box is not checked.
9. Click Start and wait a few minutes until the procedure ends. Do not disconnect your S4, be patient.
10. Once your Galaxy S4 restarts, it's over!
As usual, if you have any concerns at startup, perform a wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode (Volume Up + Power + Home button).
Our test run and tricks for Android 4.3 on the Samsung Galaxy S4 will arrive in the coming days.