The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was one of the best Android devices that I ever had the pleasure of using, and my only complaint about the device was that after owning it for such a long time, it never received an update (officially anyway) to ICS. Although I recently sold my Samsung tablet in favor of the Transformer Prime, I’m sure there are lots of Galaxy Tab owners that will be happy to know that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9, 7.7, and 7.0 Plus will all be receiving the update to Android Ice Cream Sandwich in July/August.
If you happen to own one of these devices, you could see the update as early as next month, although Samsung has stated that the majority of the updates will take place in August. The exact list of tablets that will receive the update include the following:
- GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
- GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
- GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
- GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
- GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G
The update will not only include Ice Cream Sandwich (with Touchwiz of course), but will also provide speed and battery improvements.
While the update definitely took a long time to finally reach Samsung tablets, late is certainly better than never.
Picture credits: www.sammobile.com