Sony has started to widespread an update for the Xperia Z. This new update is still based on Android 4.1.2, but will foster some significant improvements to the Xperia Z.
Sony launched a few software changes on the Xperia Z with the updated firmware version 10.1.1.A.1.253. This new edition hasn't made an appearance on our in-office model yet, but xperiablog.net says that the following changes should come into effect very shortly:
- There will be an option to disable the notification light (along with a few other things).
- The soft keys and navigation bar will be changed from gray to black.
- The Xperia Launcher should now run smoother, with less delay.
- When in stamina mode, LED notifications will also be shown.
- A tool to calibrate the white balance display
- The camera should start up faster.
- LED will pulse instead of blink.
- Performance improvements
Have you already received an update and if so, have you discovered any other changes?