Sony Mobile seems to be kicking it up a notch lately: New devices being presented, possible news of a Google Edition of their flagship phone along with its North American release, and now, with an Android update for their Xperia ZL users.
Xperia ZL owners can update their device officially via OTA or by plugging the device into their PC. Confirmed reports are coming in across the globe, including North America, that the update is coming to all versions of the ZL devices. If you’re one of the unfortunate ones that don’t seem to be getting the update yet, you can head over here and install the FTF firmware via Flashtool.
With the latest surprises by Sony in terms of updates and releases, this should hopefully mean that the Xperia Z update is just around the corner.
The change log for Android 4.2.2 on the Xperia ZL is as follows:
- Latest version of Sony Media Apps with seamless integrated services
- my Xperia application that helps you find your phone and secure everything you have on it.
- New Customizable navigation bar with quick settings
- New widget functionalities, both on lockscreen and homescreen
- Support for bigger (64GB) SD card so that you can store even more on your Xperia
Have you managed to get the Android 4.2.2 update on your ZL? If so, what are your initial thoughts?