The official Twitter app for Android has added a few new features that will likely allow it to compete better with the bevy of Twitter clients on the market right now.
The most noticable improvement might just be the search tool that adds a tabbed view of your results and lets you edit your record of saved searches so the wrong search terms don't keep popping up. Then there are the obvious updates like the ability to delete tweets after posting them, and basic UI customizations like setting font size. As is all the rage these days, Twitter has added a location-based tool that allows you to search for tweets made in the vicinity of a certain point on a map. Full update list below:
- Displays search results in a tabbed view
- Add and remove saved searches from universal search suggestions
- SSL used for network requests
- Font size setting
- Tapping on a map in detail view searches nearby Tweets
- Launch links directly from a message
- Ability to delete messages
- Added Tweet count to user profile
- Improved avatar loading
- Improved the way data is cleared to conserve more space
- Fixed a bug where music skips when refreshing, etc.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
Source: Pocket Now