Facebook held their Mobile Event yesterday to announce an updated version of the Facebook for Android app, which brings with it new features like Groups, Places, improved notifications, bug fixes, and a single sign-in feature. Facebook has also opened their location API, which opens up possibilities for advertising to Facebook users based on what businesses or services are nearby.
Do you prefer driving or action-adventure games?
Choose Driving or Action-adventure.
- 5671VotesOops! Seems like something went wrong. Reloading might help.
- 16994VotesOops! Seems like something went wrong. Reloading might help.
- Groups - share posts with small groups of friends
- Places - share where you are with your friends, see where your friends are, and discover places nearby
- Deals - businesses offering deals upon check in using Facebook
- Improved notifications - view comments and updtes within the app
Many guesses were made earlier about what exactly Facebook was announcing. According to Gizmodo, Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, dispelled any rumors or hopes of a Facebook phone, saying that "there's been this rumor going around that Facebook is going to build a phone. No."
Phandroid has made an in-depth article regarding the event which draws some parralels between the Android approach to success and Facebook's recently revealed approach.
Head on over to Engadget for some photos of what the app looks like, or go check out the app in the AndroidPIT app database. The new version of the app is already available for download.
Image from Android Central