It's hard to surprise people with new Android technology these days, but this little robotic device has the potential of becoming a hit among all age groups. Sphero is a small ball that can be controlled remotely with an Android device via Bluetooth. In combination with cool Android apps, the Sphero opens up the door for new forms of interactive gaming. Check out more details about the gadget and view a video of Sphero in action after the break.
With the help of your Android smartphone, you can tap, tilt and roll Sphero across any surface. In terms of sheer awesomeness, the Sphero is way cooler than even the most expensive remote controlled car. Just check out some of its features:
- With built-in LED lights, the ball can glow and change colors as it rolls.
- You can adjust Sphero's rolling speed with the Power Boost feature
- Uses a more stable Bluetooth connection rather than Wi-Fi
- No cords require. Sphero fits in neatly into a cute induction charger.
- Open API allows for the development of cool apps in the near future
Although rolling Sphero around your house will guarantee a lot of fun for your entire family (dog and cat included), it's the potential for new games that makes the LED ball particularly appealing. With this ball and augmented reality, you'll be able to crush zombies with Sphero on the floor while looking through your phone's screen. You can already pre-order the device for $129.99 here. Sphero will come with a bunch of apps and games preinstalled. I don't know about you guys, but I just found something to put on my Christmas wishlist.
Check out Sphero in action: