Gizmodo received what is reportedly a hands-on exclusive from a tipster of the Samsung Nexus S, the rumored successor to the HTC Google Nexus One. While the review doesn't contain any original pictures or many more details than what we already heard, Gizmodo made a mock-up of what the phone is reported to look like.
Overall, the exclusive that Gizmodo received is pretty lacking in terms of new ideas added to what we were already thinking.
- 4" Super AMOLED screen
- MasterCard PayPass ability
- Android Gingerbread, stock
- same 1GHz Hummingbird processor as Samsung Galaxy S
- front-facing camera
- differently shaped backing
- easily rootable and feature GSM support
- capacitative buttons on the front
- possibly releasing this year
Regarding the Gizmodo tipster's comment that the pho/ne's version of Android Gingerbread was "really buggy", Engadget asks: "Is that really what you want to bring to the table as your Gingerbread flagship, Google?"
Image from Gizmodo