A fairly extensive GMail update is launching soon. While the update probably won't be blowing anyone's brains, it does have a few really nice and needed features we think you'll like. Here are a few of the most notable new features:
- GMail now automatically adapts to fit your screen size – so if you want to minimize your browser, you can still see your entire inbox.
- You can choose different viewing templates like "comfortable," cozy," and "compact" which spaces out the emails according to your preferences.
- You can hide the tabs on the side that feature labels and chat.
- There are a bunch of new themes (ie pictures) you can set as the background to your email text
- Searching function has been completely revamped: you can now search via sender, recipient, subject, keyword and date. This will be an incredibly useful feature for those who store their emails indefinitely but have a hard time searching for exactly the email they need.
Overall, we're most excited about the new search functions, especially since we use our GMail as a go-to database for everything we've ever sent to anyone ever. Nice work, Google!
UPDATE: Our friend Michael Dunstheimer over at AndroidPIT.de has posted a few screenshots and video of the new GMail in action:
Source: Google System
MOST POPULAR ARTICLE
|1||Best Android games: what you should play in 2017|
|2||Samsung Galaxy S8 rumors: latest image leak shows all three colors at four angles|
|3||WhatsApp beta gets Gboard GIF support|
|4||Android 7.0 Nougat update overview for smartphones and tablets|
|5||Best Android camera phones: which are the top on the market?|