Which type of driving games do you prefer?
Choose Adventure game or Arcade game.
- 13040VotesOops! Seems like something went wrong. Reloading might help.
- 11002VotesOops! Seems like something went wrong. Reloading might help.
The Android community has been waiting for it for months and finally our favorite mobile OS is making an official appearance on HP's defunkt line of TouchPad tablets. If you were lucky enough to pick up one of the $100 tablet PCs, congratulations! You can now be the proud owner of the cheapest Android tablet on the market.
Of course, before you get too excited, remember this is an Alpha build. It's not ready for a full implementation. While the alpha title says it all – "LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS" EDITION – it's still Android... on a TouchPad... Regarding the development state of the first CyanogenMod build for TouchPad, the developers had this to say:
Understand, this version is definitely an alpha, with all that implies. Those expecting perfection will be sorely disappointed. Many things won't work as well as they will eventually. But you wanted it ASAP, and hopefully, this version should be somewhat useable and gives a sense of progress.
Supported features in this build include:
- Booting into Android
- ADB commands via ADB
- Power, back/home and volume button layout
- Touchscreen support (Multi-touch, 10 fingers)
- GPU Acceleration (2D Acceleration doesn't work, but not a release blocker)
- Dual core processing
- Power Management
- Battery Reporting
- Camera(only video chat, no recording or snapshots)
- Multiboot (via moboot)
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- Fast Switch Boot
- Fake SD card Mount
- Light Sensor(need to check "Enable Light Decrease" in cyanogenmod settings->display->automatic backlight
- Accessing webOS files from Android and vice versa
- Touchstone Support
- And much, much more!
If you want to get a sense of how the build runs on HP's tablet, you can see it up and running in the following demo video
Related HP News:
- [Video] Android Running On HP TouchPad As “App”
- [Video] CyanogenMod for HP TouchPad Makes Progress
- HTC Says They're Open to Purchasing an OS – Could the Googlerola Deal Have Anything to Do With This?