Are you lucky enough to have someone in your life with Down syndrome? Then download this app, join The Upside of Down Tribe, and become a Thrivalist Right Now! Thrivalists don’t just survive a diagnosis of Down syndrome, they thrive in every ...Read more
Are you lucky enough to have someone in your life with Down syndrome? Then download this app, join The Upside of Down Tribe, and become a Thrivalist Right Now!
Thrivalists don’t just survive a diagnosis of Down syndrome, they thrive in every aspect of their life! Thrivalists can juggle home, family, careers, meal-planning, shopping, therapy, medical appointments, kid’s schedules, pets and piles of laundry! And they still find time to take care of themselves and have fun.
Yes, they are super-heroes. Thrivalists are strong, fiercely-determined people who don’t let anything get them down. No barrier is too big. No challenge is too difficult. Stress? HA! They laugh in its face.
Thrivalists can do all this because they know Right Now is the only moment anyone really has, and each moment must be lived to the Max!
YOU are a Thrivalist. Connect here with renowned physician, consultant, speaker, and author Dr. Julia Kinder as she leads the Thrival Tribe.
Through her own personal life experiences, daily life as a working mom with 3 children, and years of counseling patients, Dr. Kinder is able to share her best practices on maximizing the potential of babies with Down syndrome, teaching children, health, fitness, nutrition, and staying energetic and motivated.
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder helps families do more than just survive a diagnosis of Down syndrome - she teaches them to thrive. She is on a mission to reshape widespread misperceptions, erase preconceived limitations and ignite a passion for powerful living – Right Now.
Dr. Kinder is Board Certified in Family Practice and is in private practice with her brother in Jackson, Missouri. She is a nationally-recognized speaker and author on the topics of health, fitness, and Down syndrome. Dr. Kinder is also mom to seven-year-old Ella (who has Down syndrome) and two-year-old twins Dexter and Paxton.
You’ll get quick and easy access to Dr Kinder’s blog posts, tweets, FaceBook updates, videos, photos, online store, upcoming events, and even her favorite places across the United States.
Benefits for Tribal Members: - Truths about Down syndrome at your fingertips for teaching the world about our great kids with Down syndrome.
- Links to amazing people who happen to have Down syndrome.
- The opportunity to email questions directly to Dr. Kinder on Down syndrome, health, exercise, and how to Thrive each day.
- Change the image of Down syndrome: share your favorite photos and show people the UPside of Down!
- Connect with other Tribal Members to share, learn, and grow.
- Quick access to Dr. Kinder’s early childhood education products – start teaching your baby Right Now!
- A free questionnaire to use when interviewing potential childcare providers for your family. Be certain they follow the positive Thrivalist attitude and will take advantage of every opportunity to help your children thrive, too.
- Upcoming events for Dr. Kinder and in the Down syndrome community.
- Map of Dr. Kinder’s recommended places to eat, places to stay, and places to see.
- Have a newborn baby with Down syndrome? Figure out what to do first with personal consultations from Dr. Kinder.
- Alerts on latest Down syndrome news.
- Accurate, current information on Down syndrome.
- Tips to share.
- Trusted resources on Down syndrome.
- A free and handy QR Scanner.
- Learn how to become a teacher, therapist, advocate and all-around super-hero parent.
Don’t just survive – thrive! Become a Thrivalist and join the UPside of Down Tribe.
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
directly call phone numbers
Allows the application to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious applications may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this does not allow the application to call emergency numbers.
send SMS messages
Allows application to send SMS messages. Malicious applications may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
Allows application to take pictures with the camera. This allows the application at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
Allows application to access the audio recording path.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.