The great thing about Android is all the weather apps, but it's hard to choose after a while. WeatherBug is a diamond in the rough, a weather app that never lets me down and I love the extras, like photo submission and sharing.
WeatherBug® provides real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts for 2.6 million weather locations worldwide. Get the fastest severe weather alerts and exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning ...Read more
WeatherBug® provides real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts for 2.6 million weather locations worldwide. Get the fastest severe weather alerts and exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning is, and if you’re in danger. Visualize the weather around you with over 16 dynamic map layers!
Plus, find out how much heating/cooling energy (HVAC) your home needs to keep you comfortable with the sleek and interactive WeatherBug Home®. See the impact of weather on energy use for an average home in your area, or if you have a connected Wi-Fi thermostat, connect and get personalized energy insights!
Know Before® with these awesome features:
• NEW Account Management – Sign in using your Facebook or WeatherBug account to access exclusive features! Plus, we’ll remember all your saved locations and settings across multiple devices!
• NEW Storm Track Map Layer – Monitor current storms to track their direction, intensity and any occurrences of life threatening lightning.
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts – Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• WeatherBug Home – WeatherBug Home makes it easy to save money on your heating and cooling costs. We show the difference a few degrees can make to your energy cost, energy use, and carbon footprint! Connect your Honeywell or Nest thermostat, or simply enter your utility info for custom insights.
• Know Before Weather Alerts – Exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide 50% faster warnings to severe weather. Plus, get all National Weather Service warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Spark Lightning Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts!
• Enhanced Interactive Map – Experience the most comprehensive weather map with over 16 layers, like Doppler radar, lightning, alerts, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more.
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Should I exercise outside or go to the gym? Do I cancel this weekend’s BBQ? Our Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather conditions to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Photos Section – View amazing photos from fellow WeatherBug users and share photos right from your device.
• Weather News – Stay up-to-date on the weather around you with breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team.
• Hurricane Center – Investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Conditional Backgrounds – Find out if it will be clear, cloudy or rainy at-a-glance!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
view Wi-Fi status
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.