Use offline maps and GPS even without an internet connection. This app is great for hiking, boating, geocaching and other outdoor activities. • Multiple global online maps: MapQuest, Open Street Maps (Cycle, Public Transport), Bing, Yandex, ...Read more
Use offline maps and GPS even without an internet connection. This app is great for hiking, boating, geocaching and other outdoor activities.
• Multiple global online maps: MapQuest, Open Street Maps (Cycle, Public Transport), Bing, Yandex, Ovi/Nokia, OpenSeaMap.
• Multiple regional online maps:
Ordnance Survey (OS Maps - UK), USGS Topo, NOAA RNC Charts (US), Canada Toporama, OutdoorActive (Germany, Austria, South Tyrol), Esri (Topo, Physical, Imagery, National Geographic, Oceans), HikeBikeMap (Germany), UMP-pcPL, Trail.pl (Poland), GSI (Japan), NearMap (Australia), New Zealand Topo and many other maps.
All maps automatically cached for offline use. Use Mobile Atlas Creator to download maps or MAPC2MAPC to convert maps from other formats.
Since version 2.0 you can add custom map servers.
• Share your current or planned position You can send address, GPS coordinates, link to Google Maps and even map image.
• Navigate easily Build-in radar shows the direction, distance and estimated time to a point of interest. See all the nearest locations from FourSquare and Footprints.
• Find your way back Trackback function will guide you along a previously recorded track with compass pointing to a nearest point. A new track can be recorded at the same time.
• Challenge yourself Turn on Trackback and timer to watch your previous position correlated with the current time on track.
• Save places you visit All waypoint stored in KML file and can be viewed and edited in Google Earth.
• Record tracks with single tap Tracks are recorded in GPX format and can be viewed in Google Earth and other software. Share GPX files via email or DropBox.
• Upload tracks to GPSies Free account is required for uploading.
• Trip Computer Watch speed, altitude, pitch and many other values.
• Support for Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
• Ability to use barometer sensor in Galaxy Nexus and other devices.
Only in Pro version:
• Trackback feature • Unlimited waypoints and tracks • Multiple files with waypoints • Lock compass to bearing • UTM and OSGB grids • Custom map servers • FourSquare and Wikipedia support
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Oct 10, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 10,000 - 50,000
LATEST VERSION: 2.7.4
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 4.0.3 and up
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.