The Official Central Park App – with interactive Central Park map, celebrity audio guide, list of iconic locations to explore in the Park, and more! • Where is the nearest bathroom? • Where can you buy food to picnic on Sheep Meadow? • Which ...Read more
The Official Central Park App – with interactive Central Park map, celebrity audio guide, list of iconic locations to explore in the Park, and more!
• Where is the nearest bathroom? • Where can you buy food to picnic on Sheep Meadow? • Which of the 21 playgrounds is closest to where you are right now? • What is Whoopi Goldberg's favorite statue in the Park?
Created by Central Park Conservancy, this app is the perfect guide for everyone from first time visitors to NYC to native New Yorkers.
The app features:
• Fully interactive map: Headed for the top of Cherry Hill or just looking for ice cream with a cherry on top? We’ve got you covered.
• GPS location technology: Do you know where you are? The app does.
• Celebrity Audio Guide: Want to hear world-renowned celebrities tell you about 35 iconic locations throughout Central Park? Yeah, we thought so.
• Customizable notifications: Go exploring! Set up your notifications and let your phone alert you when you approach any of the Park’s hundreds of landmarks.
• The inside story: Find out all about Central Park’s breathtaking sights and rich history dating back over 150 years.
• The latest news on events: What’s going on tonight? One click and it’s in your iPhone’s calendar. You can even check out up-to-the-minute posts on our Twitter feed.
• Beautiful Central Park photos: Can’t make it to the Park today? Take a stroll through over 200 images of the Park’s most loved points of interest.
It’s the most comprehensive app for Central Park from the people who made the Park the world-renowned landmark it is today. Now you can be more Central to the Park than ever, compliments of our members and staff, who know Central Park inside and out.
Central Park Conservancy is a private, not-for-profit organization under contract with New York City. Founded in 1980, the Conservancy restored and renovated Central Park, once regarded as dangerous and crime-ridden, to one of New York’s greatest treasures.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Oct 14, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 50,000 - 100,000
LATEST VERSION: 2.8
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.3 and up
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
access extra location provider commands
Access extra location provider commands. Malicious applications could use this to interfere with the operation of the GPS or other location sources.
send SMS messages
Allows application to send SMS messages. Malicious applications may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.