Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your Android phone or Android Wear device! “Making the cloud-connected car a reality” - Edmunds.com "Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen" - GIZMODO With ...Read more
Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your Android phone or Android Wear device!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality” - Edmunds.com
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen" - GIZMODO
With the release of its all-new 4th generation Directed SmartStart app, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is easier than ever – including control via your Android Wear smart watch!
- Add a SmartStart module to the Directed remote start or security system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere.
- Add a SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- For the ultimate connected car experience, install a complete Directed SmartStart Digital System and you’ll also get notified if your vehicle sets a diagnostic code, along with direct feedback from the car databus for feature status. Check out the 60 Day Free Trial GPS Premium service that’s included at no extra cost with these systems!
- For even more convenience, add a Directed SmartKey module and your car will unlock when it detects you approaching, and lock again automatically when you walk away.
- Directed SmartStart is designed for use with compatible remote start and security systems sold under the following brands: Astrostart, Automate, AutoStart, Avital, Clifford, and Python.
Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car using your Android device, with the exciting new 4.0 SmartStart app.
The sleek, modern dashboard of Directed SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your installed remote start or security/remote start system: - Lock/arm - Unlock/disarm - Remote car starter - Trunk release - Panic - Aux channels
Follow these three simple steps to get Directed SmartStart: 1) Download the free Directed SmartStart app 2) Get a SmartStart system installed in your vehicle 3) Set up your account, and start using your SmartStart system
Directed SmartStart 4.0 also includes free Guest membership in Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire. No hardware or service purchase required.
New for Directed SmartStart 4.0
- Completely redesigned app with the controls you use most often right at your fingertips, and other useful features just a tap or swipe away
- New swipe to start feature eliminates accidental remote start commands (modern dashboard)
- User-selectable dashboard and home page settings – now you can customize the app for the way you use it
- Map page now integrates GPS and SmartPark features seamlessly with quick access for programming location or movement alerts
- One-touch vehicle selection menu with integrated vehicle status page
- One-touch access to Alert history and new alert programming.
- Built-in tutorial videos, help overlay on key pages, and guided on-boarding process make getting to know SmartStart 4.0 easier than ever.
- Supports Directed SmartKey passive lock/unlock features
- Set up your own SmartStart account right from the app including picking your own personalized password (now required for users that have Bluetooth-only Directed SmartKey or DSM50BT systems; optional for new SmartStart cellular system owners).
- In-app management of your SmartStart vehicles and their associated service plans. - Start, lock or unlock your car using your Android Wear smart watch, or send other commands.
- Receive alert notifications on your phone and Android Wear smart watch if vehicle alarm is triggered, or a SmartStart GPS alert is received (push notification support now included in app, server-side support will be added shortly)
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Dec 21, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 100,000 - 500,000
LATEST VERSION: 4.0.9
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 4.0.3 and up
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
write contact data
Allows an application to modify the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to erase or modify your contact data.
Allows the application to control the flashlight.
Allows application to take pictures with the camera. This allows the application at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
create Bluetooth connections
Allows an application to view configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
directly call phone numbers
Allows the application to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious applications may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this does not allow the application to call emergency numbers.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
Allows an application to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.