Displays GPS and sensor data: position and signal strength of satellites, accuracy, speed, acceleration, altitude, bearing, pitch, roll and battery state. Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your ...Read more
Displays GPS and sensor data: position and signal strength of satellites, accuracy, speed, acceleration, altitude, bearing, pitch, roll and battery state.
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the promo video :)
PRO features: - show/store/edit/export multiple waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation. - pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values (if supported by the device) - removed ads
Permissions - Location: We need this to display your location and allows the program to re-download AGPS data or reset the GPS. - External storage: required by the PRO version to be able to export the stored waypoints to an external file. - Internet: Used by the advertisement component. The PRO version does not use the internet connection at all.
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them): - Galaxy S4 on Verizon: Because of a firmware bug, the notification item in GPS Status can't be removed. You need to disable the notification feature in Settings if this annoys you.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
-- MobiWIA - a cooperation with Andrs Studio --
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Nov 5, 2015
SIZE Varies with device
INSTALLATIONS: 10,000,000 - 50,000,000
LATEST VERSION: Varies with device
ANDROID VERSIONVaries with device
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
access extra location provider commands
Access extra location provider commands. Malicious applications could use this to interfere with the operation of the GPS or other location sources.