IF YOU ARE INSTALLING THE NO ADS VERSION OVER THE FREE ONE, YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE FREE VERSION. CleverConnectivity is an application that helps you to manage your data and wifi connection in order to save battery. NO ROOT ...Read more
IF YOU ARE INSTALLING THE NO ADS VERSION OVER THE FREE ONE, YOU WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE FREE VERSION.
CleverConnectivity is an application that helps you to manage your data and wifi connection in order to save battery. NO ROOT NEEDED.
Please note that this app is not yet fully compatible with Android Lollipop 5+ as Google has restricted the access to the method to toggle mobile data programatically. Once (and if) a workaround is available, I will implement it.
How does CleverConnectivity work?
This application will automatically turn on and off connectivity (data/wifi/sync) while screen is OFF. For example if the user chooses below configuration: Time On: 2min Time On Next Check: 1min Time Off: 10m Usage check Interval: 3s Once the screen is OFF, CleverConnectivity will keep connectivity alive for 2min. Then it will check if data is used during a period of 3s. If data is used, connectivity will be kept for 1 minute (Time On Next Check). If data is NOT used, connectivity will be desactivated for 10min. After this, the connectivity will be re-activated and Time On will kick in. Once screen is ON, connectivity will be automatically re-enabled.
How does this CleverConnectivity is different from its concurrents:
- You can turn on/off connectivity (wifi/data/sync) everywhere in the system (settings, toggles on notification bar...) and will be taken into consideration by CleverConnectivity
- CleverConnectivity can check data usage before disable it. Therefore your downloads/streaming won't be stopped
- CleverConnectivity can also manage your wifi connection
- It's very lightweight and efficient. You just have to install it and configure it and then forget it. It will do it work silently and efficiently.
- It's free! It contains all features of the paid version. The only difference is the presence of ads. If you want to support me, then you can buy the no ads version.
Details of features:
- Configuration of ON-OFF cycle (Time On, Time Off, Usage Interval Period) - Disable/Enable connectivity (Wifi/Data/Sync) - Enable/disable management of Data/Wifi/Sync connectivity - Sleep Hours: During these hours, all connectivity will desactivated one screen is OFF - Auto Wifi-Off: Wifi will be disabled after after a defined period if screen is OFF and no known networks are available - Possibility to read logs generated by the app - Possibility to deactivate the app while the phone is plugged. The ON-OFF cycle will resume once the phone is unplugged
If you have any question/issue about CleverConnectivity, please use the "Report a bug" button.
Hope you will enjoy CleverConnectivity!
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Feb 23, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 500 - 1,000
LATEST VERSION: 1.4.6
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.2 to 4.4W
change network connectivity
Allows an application to change the status of network connectivity.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
write sync settings
Allows an application to modify the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for contacts.
change Wi-Fi state
Allows an application to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points, and to make changes to configured Wi-Fi networks.
read sync settings
Allows an application to read the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for contacts.
read system log files
Allows an application to read from the systemʼs various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the phone, but should not contain any personal or private information.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
view Wi-Fi status
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.