NEW: Weather tile. Now you can see weather conditions at a selected location. Settings Extended puts your favorite settings or application shortcuts to the notification area and lets you access them quickly. You can instantly adjust Android ...Read more
NEW: Weather tile. Now you can see weather conditions at a selected location.
Settings Extended puts your favorite settings or application shortcuts to the notification area and lets you access them quickly. You can instantly adjust Android settings even without leaving an application you use. Settings Extended will save your time to do better things.
* Hide from Lock screen. In the System settings "Sound & notification" - "When device is locked" - "Hide sensitive notification" and then "Security" - "Screen Lock" - "Pattern". Of curse, "Preferences" - "Hide lock screen notification" must be ON.
* Prio instead of Silent. This is forced by priorities Google introduced in Android 5.0. Apps can only put phone in Priority mode now. This mode is effectively *same as* Silent, if no priority notifications were defined, which is the default case. Priority mode has more options. Pure Silent mode can be enabled via pressing volume rocket and choosing None option only.
* Experimental Mobile Data switch can only be a shortcut to system settings.
* Battery indicator disappears from status bar after an application update. This is standard behaviour of Android. You need to simply launch app once and it will install status bar icon again.
* How do I setup a widget? Launch app. At the top of the screen you'll see a widget preview area with toggles your widget already has. Drag and drop a toggle to rearrange or remove it. Tap a toggle to get more options. Tap an item in the list of available toggles to add it.
* My extension is not active after update. What should I do? Make sure a) you have a SINGLE user account in Google Play application - Menu - Accounts, and b) this is the account you used to purchase the extension.
* Why there is no direct switches for every setting? It's because some settings are secured by Android. You can change these settings via system settings menu only.
* What is an experimental option? A) It won't work on some devices; B) It can stop working after every new Android update; C) No fixes are possible for it. Use them at your own risk.
* Can I hide the status bar icon? Yes for JellyBeans, no for ICS. ICS does not support this option properly. Sometimes ICS leaves a black gap (empty space) instead of an icon in status bar. To avoid this ugly behavior we decided to disable "hidden" option for ICS.
* Can I hide status bar icon and keep widget at the top in Android 4.1? No, due to new Android 4.1 notification priorities. Lowest priority hides the icon but moves the widget to the bottom at the same time.
* Can I have separate sliders for Ringer and Notifications? This option is enabled automatically if your device supports it.
* Why do not allow separate Ringer and Notifications sliders for all phones? Because since ICS, official Android distribution links these two volumes and always changes them together. If you want to change this please vote for this option at Google bugs site. Click the star icon in the top-left corner: http://goo.gl/15KMi
* Is this a home screen widget? No, this is a status bar widget only.
PERMISSIONS: Settings Extended uses permissions listed below for the mentioned purposes only. 1) "GPS location", "control NFC", "Bluetooth", "Network connectivity", "Wi-Fi", "System Settings", "Toggle sync", "Read sync settings" for getting status and changing corresponding settings on and off upon user request. 2) "Take picture and videos" for LED flashlight only. 3) "Directly call phone numbers" for a "direct call" system shortcut. 4) "Billing" for extensions. 5) "Vibration", "Run at startup" for vibration and launch after reboot. 6) "Expand/collaps status bar" for collapsing status bar after changing a setting. 7) "Writing Secure Settings" for GPS in-place switch on rooted devices.
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
create Bluetooth connections
Allows an application to view configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
change Wi-Fi state
Allows an application to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points, and to make changes to configured Wi-Fi networks.
Allows an application to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
read sync settings
Allows an application to read the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for contacts.
write sync settings
Allows an application to modify the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for contacts.
modify global system settings
Allows an application to modify the systemʼs settings data. Malicious applications can corrupt your systemʼs configuration.
expand/collapse status bar
Allows application to expand or collapse the status bar.
change network connectivity
Allows an application to change the status of network connectivity.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
read system log files
Allows an application to read from the systemʼs various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the phone, but should not contain any personal or private information.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
Allows application to take pictures with the camera. This allows the application at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
directly call phone numbers
Allows the application to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious applications may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this does not allow the application to call emergency numbers.